Diamond python setup + pics.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silhou

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Helloooooo, though I'd share my Diamond's setup with you all, and a few pictures of him and his patterns.

2012-04-24 21.27.21.jpg 2012-04-24 21.28.12.jpg
His enclosure is made out of a good quality plastic houseware tub that I've drilled holes in and smoothed off for air, two climby sticks, some hidey-holes including a papertowl tube that he loves so very much and his water bowl + fake plants.
His heat mat sits underneath the tub and covers just under half of it, it's temperature ranges from 25*C to about 34*C (depending of the temperature of the day).
He seems to be very happy and active and comfortable in it, which is brilliant considering he's only a new eddition to my family. :)

A few pics of him in his tub/his patterns -

2012-04-24 21.29.06.jpg 2012-04-24 21.30.02.jpg 2012-04-24 21.30.15.jpg
Sorry about the quality of the pictures :S.

I'd love to see everyone elses set-ups as well as some tips or corrections to my little enclosure if you have any :).

Thanks. x

Last edited:
what a cutie! he seems to be loving it. does he have a name yet?

his set up seems great, the one thing i would recommend is getting a thermostat so he can have a more constant temperature of about 26, 27 degrees.

Helloooooo, though I'd share my Diamond's setup with you all, and a few pictures of him and his patterns.

View attachment 249115 View attachment 249119
His enclosure is made out of a good quality plastic houseware tub that I've drilled holes in and smoothed off for air, two climby sticks, some hidey-holes including a papertowl tube that he loves so very much and his water bowl + fake plants.
His heat mat sits underneath the tub and covers just under half of it, it's temperature ranges from 25* to about 34*C (depending of the temperature of the day).
He seems to be very happy and active and comfortable in it, which is brilliant considering he's only a new eddition to my family. :)

A few pics of him in his tub/his patterns -

View attachment 249116 View attachment 249117 View attachment 249118
Sorry about the quality of the pictures :S.

I'd love to see everyone elses set-ups as well as some tips or corrections to my little enclosure if you have any :).

Thanks. x

Couldn't help but see the wheel of the year in the back ground, was that a strategic picture for paganism?

Couldn't help but see the wheel of the year in the back ground, was that a strategic picture for paganism?

Haha, My family is wiccan. I hope that you don't assume now I'm a spell casting devil worshiping witch. We're lovely people, and our religion is very earth/environmentally bound. ;3
And Icarus, his name is Silhou haha. Hence my username. :D
And i'll look into a thermostat! thanks!

hahaha, no im not assuming anything. :) It made me a little shy that you noticed, I didn't realise that was even in the photo haha. :3

Wait until they get a bit longer and there tails are like vice grips that hang on to everything as you try to retrieve them from there enclosures!

Haha he's already doing that! Grabbing onto everything tightly and not letting go, when he's around my neck he grips my necklace with his tail and refuses to come off when I need to sleep haha.

Last edited:
heres mine it now houses two male diamonds

Attachments

• Pictures of our snakes 002.jpg
    Pictures of our snakes 002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 109
Haha, My family is wiccan. I hope that you don't assume now I'm a spell casting devil worshiping witch. We're lovely people, and our religion is very earth/environmentally bound. ;3
And Icarus, his name is Silhou haha. Hence my username. :D
And i'll look into a thermostat! thanks!

my mum is Wiccan! it's nice to hear of someone else who is. I was always embarrassed as a kid, because other kids at school thought that meant she was a 'crazy witch'! but now i've gone to terms and respect the lemon rind and sage hung up at doorways, etc :p

heres mine it now houses two male diamonds

That's amazing! When he get's bigger ill deffinatly do something like that.

my mum is Wiccan! it's nice to hear of someone else who is. I was always embarrassed as a kid, because other kids at school thought that meant she was a 'crazy witch'! but now i've gone to terms and respect the lemon rind and sage hung up at doorways, etc :p

Haha yay, yeah it's always been difficult to talk about, I'm glad you get it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back