Albino Darwin problems please look

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planky

Reaction score
Hi all my names Shane I'm new to the site but not new to the reptile world, I have recently purchased an albino darwin ( my very first albino) and I have had it for only 23 days befor I noticed a weird lump towards his bum like he was constipated but is doing bad diareah poo, I've taken him to the vet and he has a swallen intestine but no parasites have been found in the poo but the pet shop in question has said that this is known for albinos to do this??

All in all I'm just seeing what you fellow reptile lovers think about this situation

I think a warm bath and a roam on the grass will temporarily fix this but i'm sure an albino expert will come along soon and have even better advice :( So sorry for you and your albino hope things get better.

I've just started his course of treatment that the vet supplied, only time will tell...

We have 4 Albino Darwins and an Albino Olive....none of ours do this.

I would be taking him back to the shop and asking for a refund, if this is what he is like after 23 days it sounds like you might have a snakey lifetime of worry ahead of you. Some petshops will tell you anything, at the end of the day if your not comfortable with it then they should refund your money.

There are plenty of reputable breeders around here that have Albino's.

Goodluck

As far as I know they are pretty much the same as regular pythons, no special husbandry or quirks. If this isn't the case then someone should say something as I'm about to receive mine!

I've bred my coastals and all those baby's where fine no sickness or anything, I'm going to take the snake in the the shop and see what they do about this.

Hi all my names Shane I'm new to the site but not new to the reptile world, I have recently purchased an albino darwin ( my very first albino) and I have had it for only 23 days befor I noticed a weird lump towards his bum like he was constipated but is doing bad diareah poo, I've taken him to the vet and he has a swallen intestine but no parasites have been found in the poo but the pet shop in question has said that this is known for albinos to do this??

All in all I'm just seeing what you fellow reptile lovers think about this situation

First check your husbandry and make positive every detail is perfect
After that talk to the pet shop
Most shops will try to say it is your fault
So cross the ts and dot the i's before you talk to them

Albino is no different to other pythons, except naturally the trait that makes them an albino. Personally I wouldn't be all that concerned. Sometimes you can be unlucky and get porridge instead of something a little more solid :lol: Keep your eye on it, but I think you'll find it's not a common occurrence. Pics of the tail end of your snake might be helpful on here?

Husbandry should be fine as this isn't my first snake so that should be fine, also the pet shop is apparently going to contact the person they received the baby from to see if any siblings have similar simptoms and are going to contact me on Thursday regarding the situation.

Albino is no different to other pythons, except naturally the trait that makes them an albino. Personally I wouldn't be all that concerned. Sometimes you can be unlucky and get porridge instead of something a little more solid :lol: Keep your eye on it, but I think you'll find it's not a common occurrence. Pics of the tail end of your snake might be helpful on here?
He just looks like he constantly needs to take a mass turd will take some pics and try to upload

Why do people buy reps from pet shops, there are so many breeders at better prices and generally better help if problems occur. If they told you this is common with albinos then take it back ask for refund plus costs to treat at vet as what they have stated is a lie, then buy of this sites clasifieds or breeder direct. A lot of people use pet shops as a dumping ground for inferior animals they cant be seen to sell. i personally dont have albinos any more but sounds like the animal you have acquired isnt 100% healthy

Hey man something is wrong 100% I'm no expert but it sounds bad.. How old is he/she? I just brought mine last week his 4 months old and after reading this I checked him pretty much straight away (my first snake) haha. Stick up some picks if you can. Want to see this.

Yeah u can upload pics from ur iPad. Options come up on the side if u are using tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

what sort of substrate are you using in the enclosure?? is it possible that it has swallowed something that he can't pass??

Any albino breeders had this problem with there baby's ??

Absolutely not in any way!
What Cement said......i stand by 100%. Absolutely not normal!!!!

Further investigation is required to find the cause, as this certainly is not a problem associated with being albino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back