Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question, I'd say jag morph but thought that the red Murray was interesting enough to post up a pic. I'll be trying to prove her out in a couple of years as a hypo by putting a pure MD male over her and hoping to get out a few hypo sibs and jags.

Nice jags, do you think the other 25% might have something to do with it?

Good question, I'd say jag morph but thought that the red Murray was interesting enough to post up a pic. I'll be trying to prove her out in a couple of years as a hypo by putting a pure MD male over her and hoping to get out a few hypo sibs and jags.

Quick updated couple of pics -As you can see she has darkened up somewhat
IMG_9481 - Copy.JPGIMG_9489 - Copy.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9489 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_9489 - Copy.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 79
There's more than one Neil!
Two totally different ends of the spectrum regarding intelligence too!

What makes you think its Neil, have you seen his previous posts lol

Nice jags, do you think the other 25% might have something to do with it?
Interestingly enough 1/2 my Jungle hatchies this season were red including 2 that faded to pale cream towards their heads and 1 who still is quite red with red eyes:twisted:.

Nice, any pics?

Interestingly enough 1/2 my Jungle hatchies this season were red including 2 that faded to pale cream towards their heads and 1 who still is quite red with red eyes:twisted:.

Nice, any pics?

Sure, the lil red guy still holds some red, will get some current pics and put them in my album, These taken a month after hatching (Sep/Nov 2011)Lil red devil 3.JPGLil red devil.JPG

Ok so having some computer illiterate issues here, the attached thumbnails are of the red fading to pale head as you can see, the 2 that are like this are still holding some of this color. I suspect it will fade out as the get older.

This is what the prev seasons red hatchie started to turn to (pic is pre xmas). He only had a small amount of red compared to this seasonsIMG_9533.jpg

I am having serious issues getting the pic thing right. . . thats why my wife does the techie stuff and I work on swords. . :?
Anyways if you want to see more just check my albums, will continue to update over the week (to many pics not enough time)

how about some more just pure MD's instead of these crosses. Pure MD's are so underrated as carpet pythons but their patterns are amazing. I've seen a few granites that look pretty nice. My MD is just a normal but love the pattern better than these Jag MD's.

Love the striped MD in the first post though.

Still waiting to see some of these mysterious Granites that are hiding in the woodwork. Even a peek would be nice.

Attachments

• IMG_9189 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_9189 - Copy.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9337.jpg
    IMG_9337.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9334.jpg
    IMG_9334.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Isnt that baby red gorgeous!
Its almost a shame that the red fades out!
Stunning MDs :)

3 pages and only 2 murry darlings,there must be more murry darling morphs

some nice looking jags guys,but if its got more than murry darling in it,its not a murry darling anymore

Yeaahhh..this is the whole thing about the 'fetal position' in regards to JAGs. 3 pages of murray darlings that aren't murray darlings, but JAGs, which would probably be sold to people who don't know better as murray darlings., who may then breed them and on sell as murray darlings.

Yeaahhh..this is the whole thing about the 'fetal position' in regards to JAGs. 3 pages of murray darlings that aren't murray darlings, but JAGs, which would probably be sold to people who don't know better as murray darlings., who may then breed them and on sell as murray darlings.

I understand the concern but I'm sure as the merry go round argument has probably already covered this but could not the same be said about local specific or many of the so called morelia sub sp. I remember (pre-jag days) before the subs were considered and it was only variegata and spilota seing collections with vic carpets and coastals in the same collection not to mention the whole childrens python sub group. i have spent most of my life travelling around Oz and most of my travels would have entailed herping at one point or another and having seen most of the so-called intergrades (which really they should be called intermediate as that is what they are) I personally think they are just polymorphic expressions of the same sp.
. I am very interested in seeing pure md morphs and at this point I do not breed hybrids, but if and when I do start the mix and match they will be high quality animals and will be clearly labelled otherwise whats the point.

Speaking of morphs...well, not exactly...I myself have personally seen a MD x Woma...thought it was a new MD morph but was in fact a hybrid. Looked very nice though, it was crossed with a woma from the Tanami/RHD locality obviously going by the way the bands were displayed, but I was blown away by the quality of that animal, but I would never hybridize. Some may like it, but it's not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back