fox resuce

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
howfoxrescuebegan

It is a hell of a lot kinder than how the steak I had last night was treated - rounded up by helicopter, motorcycles and dogs, stuck in a crowded truck for x number of days then forced to stand in line for its turn to be stunned and slit.

Ahh my friend, majority of cows are not stunned, proves inneffective through often thick hair and thick skulls
Bolt guns offer instant death/unconsciousness

Works a lot better, ive seen it a few times ;)

Only if operated correctly. The captive bolt gun is designed to knock unconscious not kill

whats point of rescues these are feral animals, are these animal libs for real lets get a thrill killer desex it and let it go, these latte sipping fools have no idea a fox will kill for the thrill killing multiple lambs but not eating any of them, at the moment foxes are in plague they are everywhere breeding like mice after the big floods, never seen them this bad to the point were u see them wandering over major highways during the day.

before the haters and cryers it was clean and fast kill, i don't believe in prolonging it's fate
2012-03-17_08-27-39_850.jpg

33 foxes were shot in 10km range i feel sorry for farmers who lost so many lifestock after the floods then have foxes rip thier lambs up to further the misery. where are the animal libs now never see them helping farmers.

edit 3 sorry if this pic offends but this is good fox is a dead fox

Lets not forget that apart from NSW they are a declared pest species and it is the land holders responsibility to control the populations. They are an animal that needs to be controlled, just as the brown tree snake in Guam needs to be! It still needs to be humane, but once injured they should be captured and euthanized. The same law applies to carp, mosquito fish and any other declared pest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolt guns are what I was referring to. I think ( and correct me if I am wrong ) that their purpose is stunning Captive bolt pistol

Knocking unconscious by force is what I consider better than electrical
They call it stunning aswell but I hope fuscus your weren't referring to electrical stunning in cattle ?

Some of you people should judge foxes after you witness a lamb crawling around with "some" of its stomach eaten away that then has to be put down see how you go then on adjusting your opinion....bloody tree huggers

I love the pop noise cats and foxes make when you put lead through them haha :p

All jokes aside though I've shot heaps of feral cats and foxes, imo anyone that says its cruel and wrong is either crazily ignorent or just very slow

Knocking unconscious by force is what I consider better than electrical
They call it stunning aswell but I hope fuscus your weren't referring to electrical stunning in cattle ?
No - bolt stunning. Just to be clear, and since we appear to be talking across each other, I don't consider the act of stunning cruel. My original point was that being ( properly ) shot in the field is a lot less inhumane that round up, transport and processing

Looks to me someone likes to do foxes and is offering that they will help people get rid of foxes in what that person sees as a more humane way. It'll only provide a way for people that don't want to see foxes killed a way to have them removed. I see no problem. *shrugs*

I'm also with Sacred_DUC on the matter. The best way of dealing with a fox is fast and humane. The quicker the better. I get no joy out of shooting animals I’m not going to do anything with, and to be honest I tend to feel a little sorry for the old fox. Not the rabbit because he’s just so damned delicious! Shocking to be a shooter with a conscience at times, but it keeps me thinking about an animals welfare and that it’s not to suffer.

Seems that foxes aren’t considered a pest in NSW. I find that almost incredible. They are literally out of control here in Victoria and I’d gladly go out of my way to help anyone wanting to dispatch a few. Absolutely free of charge :D

Ok fuscus good to know
I hate people saying "oh it must hurt them so much"
In all honestly its the least stresfull part of the whole process

we shoot and harvest Roos etc why not foxes? I kill cane toads, I kill mice and rats and If I catch your cat I'll kill it too! We are becoming a huge country of "politically correct Nancies"!

I remember a while back I posted an article from the newspaper up north about a fellow who shot a dog, on his property, mauling a wallaby...

Do you know what happened?

That fellow had to go to court to defend himself against 'animal cruelty' charges....

Here's a link to that thread:
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/chit-chat-39/man-cruelty-charge-shooting-dog-158187/

Man on cruelty charge after shooting dog to save wallaby | The Courier-Mail (the article)

So - yes, I agree, Australia does seem to be a country of "politically correct nancies"!

Also note, in that very thread the actual shooter replies (kindly enough).

I like how she advocates importing silver foxes into Australia like it'd be a great idea with no repercussions. :rolleyes:

I remember one a few years ago, took off as soon as the light hit it, desexed it fair up the kyber with a 223 ballistic tip.
Only way to deal with an imported threat to our natives.

we shoot and harvest Roos etc why not foxes? I kill cane toads, I kill mice and rats and If I catch your cat I'll kill it too! We are becoming a huge country of "politically correct Nancies"!

No, politically correct is to shoot the fox, get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back