help needed with a snake being sent to me.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch_s

Not so new Member
Reaction score
guys, im buying a Yellow BHP and im getting it sent to me in victoria from queensland.
ive been told i need to fill out a Movement advice form with mine and the sellers details and take it to the airport to pick it up.
can someone tell me exactly what i need to do to get my snake?

pretty sure you need an import permit between states...it's more complicated than just a movement advice. Someone else will have to fill you in as i've never done it.

You need to fill in import permits with the DSE... you can get that off their website. You can't legally ship the snake into Vic until they approve it and send you the paper work.

You don't need to take that to the airport.

you will need to get an import/export license costs about 26$ you can get it off the dse site
lol beaten me to it

guys i cant find any of this on the dse website for victoria, im not sure whether the site is down or not but half the pages dont work
i need help asap gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

guys, im buying a Yellow BHP and im getting it sent to me in victoria from queensland.
ive been told i need to fill out a Movement advice form with mine and the sellers details and take it to the airport to pick it up.
can someone tell me exactly what i need to do to get my snake?

If the seller is in QLD, it's his/her responsibility to fill out the movement advice. You will need to get your import permit though.

so basically, so long as i have my permit to import with me when i go to the airport i can DEFINATLY pickup my snake?
guys forgive me this is my first time doing this and for some reason the DSE website wont let me open the 'plants & animals' tab in which i believe everything i need to know is located.

so basically, so long as i have my permit to import with me when i go to the airport i can DEFINATLY pickup my snake?
guys forgive me this is my first time doing this and for some reason the DSE website wont let me open the 'plants & animals' tab in which i believe everything i need to know is located.

Fill up the form... send it too them.

They will send you back a piece of paper with an import number

You give the import number too the sender

You then set up a date for shipping (provided the movement forms are clear on their end)

You go to the airport on the agreed date

You take your drivers licence/ID to the counter

They give you the snake

You get home go Ouhhhh and Awwwww over your new snake in it's enclosure

You then fill in the movement confirmation report that the DSE sent with your import permit

Send it back to the DSE

Then you start planning on what to get next....

All there is to it.

Last edited:
Fill up the form... send it too them.

They will send you back a piece of paper with an import number

You give the import number too the sender

You then set up a date for shipping (provided the movement forms are clear on their end)

You go to the airport on the agreed date

You take your drivers licence/ID to the counter

They give you the snake

You get home go Ouhhhh and Awwwww over your new snake in it's enclosure

You then fill in the movement confirmation report that the DSE sent with your import permit

Send it back to the DSE

Then you start planning on what to get next....

All there is to it.

why thank you Red-ink, that doesnt sound so bad, im actaully getting two yellows one this week and one as soon as dens is ready.
i was stressing big time, now im not.
maybe they should hire you to write out the instructions for some of these complicated procedures the government has.
not saying this is always complicated, but when your as tired and stressed as i am after work a fortnights worth of 15 hour days, it makes everything worse. haha.
thanks again.

Hey mitch_s I was thinking about doing the same thing in the near future, also for a bhp. would love know how much it is all costing you?

Keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back