i got chicken pox :'(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pretzels

Reaction score
so as the title says i have awesomely developed chicken pox. and just because my luck is so amazing all the shops around me are closed so i cant get into a chemist. so i need some home remedies for all this annoyingly frustrating itching!!!! and i need one fast pretty please!!!!!!

Run cool bath and add ginger - this is supposed to help with the itching/or baking soda.
Drink lots of water - keep fluids up.
Avoid salty or citrus foods.

that must suck.. is it bad if you get chickenpox when your older??
you can have a warm thirty minute bath with ginger chopped into it . helps with itching

Run cool bath and add ginger - this is supposed to help with the itching/or baking soda.
Drink lots of water - keep fluids up.
Avoid salty or citrus foods.

thanks! im going insane right now! would be helpful if i was flexible enough to get alll the spots! lol hardly got any clear skin left at the moment :(

it is meant to be worse when your older. i tried my hardest to get it when i was younger ( days off school!) my little sister got it and i was the person looking after her and i still didnt get it. i have absolutely no self control so cant stop the itching! i can see myself being covered in scars from these stupid things :(

Last edited:
Bi-carb baths are very soothing, you can also make a paste of bi-carb and water and dab it onto the pox marks let it dry on them. I hope you can get some relief :)

When the shops open grab some stingoes, stops the itch.

thanks crystal. darlyn i plan on grabbing every type of itch relief as soon as the stupid shops open! mum told me to try tea tree oil..big mistake. big painful mistake!!!!

thanks crystal. darlyn i plan on grabbing every type of itch relief as soon as the stupid shops open! mum told me to try tea tree oil..big mistake. big painful mistake!!!!
I reckon you cant beat the old Calamine(sp)Lotion I swear by the stuff :) but hey, what ever works

hahaha australis mum said the same. id rather get a million more tattoos then have to put up with the itching! lol can ya'll tell im a mega mega sook when im sick? :p

My sympathies. I got chicken pox when I was your age rather than when it would have made more sense, that is, when I was a kid. I was so lucky not to get very many itchy lumps, but the ones I did get were bad enough! I remember I was very drowsy. If you are, too, sleep through the itch - if you can.

My sympathies. I got chicken pox when I was your age rather than when it would have made more sense, that is, when I was a kid. I was so lucky not to get very many itchy lumps, but the ones I did get were bad enough! I remember I was very drowsy. If you are, too, sleep through the itch - if you can.

iv tried sleeping it off. was told to take phernergon (sp) to help me sleep but all its done is put me in an even worse mood (sorry family!) lol
i started out with only a few spots yesterday so it wasnt too bad..but then late last night/early this morning iv broken out major. think my face is starting to cop it now too.
i dont plan on moving from my bed unless i have to!

Oats are soothing. Pop a few cups in a pillow case, tie it to the tap and run the water through the oats and bathe in that.

I had the chicken pox last year... It was horrible, the pain before the spots came out was worse than the itching.
Put some oats in a stocking, wet it and rub it on the spots or even better, make a few of them, chuck them in the bath and soak.

When the shops open tomorrow, get yourself some pinetarsle. Smells horrible, looks like urine but it works better than calamine.

Sounds stupid but put some oven mits (duck taped on) your hands when you sleep.

And stop itching! I have ugly scars now :(

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

iv never heard of oats before. will give it a go if the ginger doesnt help.
remembered that a chemist in mdore ( for you sunny coasters) is open so made a mad dash down there and got basically one of everything to try. they didnt have anything to put in bath water like they did when my sister had it ( pinetasol i think) so just stocked up on topical creams and lotions. so far their not too bad. still itchy as hell but mainly because iv got spots in my ears and mouth and hair that i cant put the creams on!
cant wait until they clear up!! pretty sure everyone at home is sick of me sooking and moping around haha

I got it when I was 17 (stupid little brother) and I was MISERABLE. He was running around fine and I felt like total rat ****. Only thing that helped for me was oat soak! I know chemists in the US sell a powder that you can dump into the bath that's oat based. Not sure if they sell it around here. Good luck!

My missus has fair bit of experience with good old chicken pox, she says Condy's crystals is the best beats everything else natural and over counter, by the sounds of it worth a good try.
good luck with it.

the chemist didnt have that gross yellow bath today when we went in ill check my local chemist tomorrow tho. the only thing the chick said to get was some burn and bite gel which has helped a tiny bit. still feed seedy as all hell tho. iv got the calamine to try and iv been told paw paw ointment as well. im going to try the oat bath tonight. i think im going to leave the ginger bath as a last effort thing because ginger makes me sick sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back