Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Bredli is called Kaa...Cause he is a good size and hisses constantly. Always hissing hahaha!

Asp (Black Headed) - Yeah I know, most unoriginal name. I couldn't think of one, so I just went with the start of Aspidites

Altair (Albino Darwin) - From Assasins Creed I went with Altair because he's albino and the characters white suit is awesome

I LOVE ASSASSIN's CREED hahaha
Playing brotherhood atm so then I can start Revelations!

My Bredli is Hercules, mainly due to me watching the tv series just before i left to pick him up
Albino darwin Girl is Lara, Mrs named her and not sure where she pulled that from
Darwin Boy is Zeus, keeping in line with greek gods.

our first snake we let our daughter name, she picked pythorn, she couldn't quite get her head around the fact there was no r in python, so we shortened it to thorn, which also happens to be the name of a dragon in a book i own. jarlaxle was named after a book character, blayze was named after a dragon in the same book as thorn, it also matched her personality when we got her. severus snake is after severus snape from harry potter, shorten it to sev occasionally and that is a character from a star wars video game, damascus is named after the steel of the same name. whebn i get a woma it will be called obi woma kenobi as i am such a star wars nut, one day i will name a snake boa fett, i am debating calling my blonbde spotted that. not sure yet. going to think of a name for a roughie pair too.

i have a jungle his name is Chomper because really thats all he does!
i have Sophierra the Childerens python, i didn't name her but apparntly she is named after some dragon on some movie.
i have Lucky the coastal because he was rescued with a whole heap of puncture wounds when he was just a youngster and he beat the odds!
i have Yoshi the GTP, thats pretty obvious, he's green.
but really im hopeless with names, they dont usually get a name untill have had them for about 6 months simply because it takes time for something to stick.

Noodles the stimmi - after the old maggi noodle advert - they make you giggle when they wiggle! lol... I've sure seen him wiggle alot and every time after his feed and he was putting his jaw back in place Sissy would say he was giggling...
Gorgeous - the SXR B&G jungle Sissy saw her and fell in love and thought she was just Gooorgeeeous... Gorgeous by name, gorgeous by nature opposite of...
Sniper - Krauss line B&G jungle so named when we got her, as she's extremely accurate with 100% strike rate (she doesn't miss).... My son's as he's a COD MW3 fan...
Didge Jnr - wa BHP after his father Didge snr
Djana - WA BHP so named after the Windjana Gorge local based named...

iv got pretzels the spotted python, harvey and hugo boss are the dogs, chester and tobias ( toby) are the cats. maple is the axolotl, storm ( formally thor when we thought she was a boy) is the princess parrot shes a blue morph and looks like a stormy sky, victor pastime is the horse and the fish dont have names. the brothers new beardie is going to be gandalf and my new beardie is going to be atticus. oh and how could i forget we also have steve the rat ( shes my fave animals)

Female bredli named saber before i got her so that was easy
stimson python i named after my favorite simpson charcter the bus driver otto
male diamond/jungle named psycho cause he is nice one minute than not so nice a few seconds later
male bredli named charlie cause he sleeps around during the day & does nothing[i hope hes not on coke too]haha
another female bredli named miss piggy cause she eats like a pig

Our Bredli is named Arpeggio (A musical term for a type of melodic scale) And from now on we're running with the Game of Thrones characters as names. Our Jungle hatchling is named Daenerys (the dragon mother in the series) and we just bought a coastal python, awaiting it to be sexed before we pick a name from the series :)

Lol, all my snakes have names:

Proserpine: Sun Tzu
Diamond: Maximus
Olive: B.F.G (big friendly giant)
Childrens: Sheldon
Jungle: Chucky
Jungle: Aphrobitie (shes a bitch)
Jungle: Cleopatra
Pair of Darwins: Charles and Darwin
Pair of Womas: Womack & Womack (after the group from the 80's)
Albino Darwin: Blondie
Pair of BHP's: Black Stars and Black Beauty (my daughter named them)
Pair of Bredli: Josef and Cherie (after Josef and Cherie Bredl)
Pair of Water Pythons: River and Leviathan (Leviathan is a sea monster and my male water is an absolute psycho)

Our Bredli is named Arpeggio (A musical term for a type of melodic scale) And from now on we're running with the Game of Thrones characters as names. Our Jungle hatchling is named Daenerys (the dragon mother in the series) and we just bought a coastal python, awaiting it to be sexed before we pick a name from the series :)

You should get a pygmy python and call him Tyrion

It's interesting to see what different snake names people have come up with. I have three snakes :Sagara (spotted python - 5 years old), Tehya ( spotted python - 2 years old) and Zeus (Albino Darwin - 2/3 months approx.). We also have 2 cats - Missy and Matisse, as well as two labadors Cleo (Cleopatra) and Napolean. I have always thoroughly resarched names and the majority of names always have a historical basis or meaning.

Iv only just started thinking about names for my 3 ( 1 x albino darwin, 1x black and gold jungle and 1 x childrens ) so this thread is helping a bit. Everyone keeps telling me to name the jungle something like Hitler :shock: its just that evil :lol:

l havent got names for all of the critters...but here are a few:)
Blotched bluey...Harry-dino-don-salami the Great
2 Eastern blueys eLIZabeth and Little Lizzy
Frillneck called Rocketman
Marg and Magoo, a pair of coastals
Albino Darwin called Banana
Olive python called Big Egg (cause he came out of a bloody big egg!!)
Bells monitor called Sweetheart Cuddly-Poo
Bells monitor called The Teacher
Lace monitor called Satan because it is!!
Boris the coastal python (he's a big boofy boy)
Andrew the darwin... it suits
Big Bertha, the Blackheaded Python..
Bloke the Blackheaded python (was given as a gift to a friend in Darwin by a local aboriginal which we now legally have, a true blue bloke!)
The Egyptian, another blackhead
little boy blue, the tree snake
Elvis the King Brown
Sherman Tank the turtle
Chooka or Chicken the quaker Parrot
Beep the lovebird
Skinny Vinny, my hand raised Tammar house wallaby:)

Stimson- Trogdor: often caught burninating the countryside.
Swcp- Boots: because she'd make a great pair. Very pretty but was so bitey as a hatchy
Swcp- Rowdy: surprisingly the sweetest of them all
Bobtail- Princess, even though she is far from it and probably the messiest bobtail in existence.
:)

I have Elle the Yellow Diamond, named after Elle Woods in Legally Blonde...because I have an insatiable love for Witherspoon, and she's just adorable.

Here you go.

11886.jpg

And back to the topic my carpet python is named Bowser after Bowser from Mario and my water dragon is named Wallis because I like that name.

i have a pair of roughie hatchlings that i am giving serious thought to calling daenerys and oberyn (you will know the red viper of dorne if you read the books, he will be in the tv show in a few seasons time)

Wonton the Corrella, cause we were having wonton soup that night
Akemi the dog, cause I had already used the name Akira
Oni the Jungle carpet, oni means demon in japanese
and a few others my daughter named after anime characters

My gammon Ranges stimmie is called Keiko...it means 'Loved one' or 'beloved' in japanese..i'm actually getting another python from the same guy i got Keiko from..
my CBD is named Yoda because when i got him he looked at me oh so wisely...

I called my childrens Cricket - saw the name in one of the forums im in,either this or a dog forum.
Japanese Spitz called Kenji - breeder named him
Ragdoll cat called Coco - he was given that name by previous owner who couldnt keep him
Canaries dont have names.

I used to have budgies,cant recall what my daughter named hers,but she nagged me on what i would call mine,so i eventually got upset and told her i would call it d!ckhead and everytime i walked past i would say 'hello d!ckhead'. I think while i was out shopping it repeated what i have been teaching it to one of the cats,as when i got home there was broken cages and seed and feathers everywhere,and 'd!ckhead' had been gobbled up.

our Python names

Well i called my Jungle Zarraffa after the coffee shop as it colourings are very close the coffee cups, and the Stimson we called Sheldon from Big Bang still working on a name for the coastal hatching we got he does have some attitude and his only 4 months and close to half a meter long something will come to mind for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back