My snake is stuck in the couch!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jezflyer7

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My brother was holding my snake and let her go in the couch, we've taken the couch apart and can't find her. I don't have any pinkies, it's night time so i can't get any, she doesn't like water at all, so putting a water bowl out is not going to work. I don't know where she is in the couch, i can't see her. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know what to do.

put the couch in the enclosure and slap your brother!

If you have taken the couch apart and its not there look elsewhere.

Lock up the cat! Put the couch in a small room (spare bedroom) and close the windows & door. Push a rolled up towel under the door so you essentially 'snake proof' the room. If you have air conditioning, turn it on in that room and put a heatlamp over a hide near the couch. Hopefully the room will cool down, the snake will look for a warm place and go to the hide under the heat lamp. Make sure there is no way he can get out of the room. If you have no spare room and just have to leave the couch where it is, make sure you have all exits covered (windows closed, towels under doors, between cabinets and walls etc)
Finally.... choke brother! :lol:

Good luck.....

Um,i got my snake on Saturday and have in the freezer 6 pinkie rats,10 pinkie mice,and 6 fuzzy mice. Im that way thou that i have always gotta be prepared and have that stockpile. Ive only got the one snake thus far. I would take the advice of all those here,but i wouldnt push the couch around to much in case she gets squished in the springs or something. Perhaps if all turns out ok this will be a lesson in keeping extra mice available?

id let the room go all dark and quite , then later on come out with a torch and go snake hunting . and then never let anyone else hold ya snake ;)

Try googling it. It is amazing how many other people have been in the same situation!

Put the heater on in front of the couch, if you get no results turn the couch upside down and pull all the staples out of the bottom and remove the cloth. You can restaple it another time.

How did you go?
It's a bit late now, but I would have suggested heated hide and air con on, as well as a ring of flour around the whole couch, at least that way you'd be able to tell if it went anywhere.

Sorry for such late reply. We got her out safely after cutting open the bottom of the couch. Thank you everyone for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back