Identification please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrightpython

Reaction score
Need an id on these blind snakes if any one has any knowledge in this area.
There were three of them all chopped in half unfortunately they were dug up by excavator.
They are from Hawkesbury locale .
Unfortunately none of there heads were clearly visable so frontal palate is of no help, sorry got them a few hours after accident.
The longest was around 45cm snout to vent, ending in very sharp point.
The mid body scale count was 26 although this is hard to count even on a dead specimen.
Overall diameter mid body 14mm

Attachments

• Bridget's 7th bday 209.jpg
    Bridget's 7th bday 209.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Copy (2) of Bridget's 7th bday 208.jpg
    Copy (2) of Bridget's 7th bday 208.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 129
Wow, i've never seen one so pale. I only know of 2 species found in Sydney, nigrescens and proximus, unless they are leucistics from either species, or they lose their colour soon after death which i've never heard of, then i am completely stumped.

I can't help on the ID's but put them in a zippy lock bag, record the date, location and circumstances in which you dound them and throw them in the freezer. WHen you have a chance lodge them at a museum, typhlopids are the most unknown family of snakes in Aus, you never know how handy an animal in a museum can be.

already frozen and no they didnt change colour as one was still wriggling after i got them but died within minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back