fox resuce

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not forget that apart from NSW they are a declared pest species and it is the land holders responsibility to control the populations. They are an animal that needs to be controlled, just as the brown tree snake in Guam needs to be! It still needs to be humane, but once injured they should be captured and euthanized. The same law applies to carp, mosquito fish and any other declared pest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep... in QLD you need to have at least 100 acres before you can qualify for the 1080 baits and you have to put up signs in advance and put it in writing to all your neighbours your intent to bait so they can lock up their stupid dogs that probably roam (they all do around here) it turns out to be too much bs for the farmers and the people who have the actual problem with them can't cause the live on a half acre!!!!!
More needs to be done to control our pest species then freakin desexing and releasing them to kill more animals. I wanna know where they are getting their funding and have they thought of desexing domestic cats and dogs to stop the masses of unwanted animals there

1080 is not a nice way to die for a fox, usually taking between 4 and 6 hours, sometimes it will take up to 4 or 6 days.
There is lovely video showing a fox dying from 1080.
It is a time lapse video and I wont show it here or link it because it is so distressing.
You will have nightmares like i have.

And Manda, where does it say they are releasing the desexed foxes.

They arent releasing them into the wild. If you actually had a look at the website, you would have seen
Ps : i kinda want one

1080 is not a nice way to die for a fox, usually taking between 4 and 6 hours, sometimes it will take up to 4 or 6 days.
There is lovely video showing a fox dying from 1080.
It is a time lapse video and I wont show it here or link it because it is so distressing.
You will have nightmares like i have.

And Manda, where does it say they are releasing the desexed foxes.

How is that any different to Rat and Mouse baits that can take up to a week to die?

Dunno about the release.... didn't read it all, too disgusted to think that we were desexing them and not just humanely euthanasing them. If they are keeping them in captivity holy crap the enclosures must be huge along with the food bill!

oh and the link doesn't say a lot but for $50 you can adopt a fox to keep of your very own.... am I the only one saying WT...F????

Last edited:
foxes are pests, would you rather keep all foxes and let em kill the native wildlife, or cull them off humanely and save millions of native animals. every one is entitled to there opinion and dont necessarily have to agree with someone elses but i choose option 2, noone has to agree, but i stick by it like you stick by your opinion manda. and im not trying to start an argument by saying this.

Foxes are pests and culling them all of them humanely would be best for everything, I agree with this.
But a desexed fox kept in a cage is not a pest..even though i dont agree with keeping it captive as it seems silly, cruel and self indulgent to me

How is that any different to Rat and Mouse baits that can take up to a week to die?

Dunno about the release.... didn't read it all, too disgusted to think that we were desexing them and not just humanely euthanasing them. If they are keeping them in captivity holy crap the enclosures must be huge along with the food bill!

Who said he agrees with mouse and rat baiting either? you can't justify something as something else just as awful exists.

Moving on,
Culling is acceptable, taking a sick enjoyment too it is not. Pest or otherwise.

***????

A free service offering an alternative to killing foxes when you find them injured or too young to survive.

Rescued wild foxes will be desexed and vaccinated while in my care. This prevents the spread of disease and stops future geneations of foxes from being born.
It aids both native wildlife and foxes.

There is no alternative to killing foxes. All must die. DIE DIE DIE all foxes. How the hell dose desexing a fox aid endangerd wildlife of Australia.
I wonder if we all went out and found a bunch of injured foxes ( rolf ) and sent them to them if they would try and save them because I think I could fined alot of injured foxes for our Australian Fox lovers.
I just want to ad I like red Foxes in the UK i would love nothing more than to go to the UK and see a wild Red Fox.
I would just like to say again that in Australia All Red Foxes must die.

Everyones entitled to their own opinion. But would it be okay for someone to shoot your dogs and cats? Or bait them? Oh wait they have the 'pet' label so its okay

Not to mention were not even native to australia! Ask the indiginous about how well we are looking after the land. Weve done great for the 'native wildlife'.

Last edited:
i love foxes i might get one! =]

oh and i reckon more cars kill our native wildlife than foxes and cats combined!

The site says that no animal kills for fun, sorry but I can think of at least four, orca, dolphins, cats and us.
It also goes on to say that no exotic animals harm the environment. The people behind this are cloud brained dolts.

I emailed them about their site and the misinformation on it...they were not too happy about it.

Everyones entitled to their own opinion. But would it be okay for someone to shoot your dogs and cats? Or bait them? Oh wait they have the 'pet' label so its okay

Not to mention were not even native to australia! Ask the indiginous about how well we are looking after the land. Weve done great for the 'native wildlife'.

Ahh but technically even the Aboriginals are migrants! Now we are nit picking

I wanna know what they said Snakehandler

Oh and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I'm just saying my opinion and giving other examples. I wasn't questioning others beliefs or opinions nor trying to change them

foxes are pests, would you rather keep all foxes and let em kill the native wildlife, or cull them off humanely and save millions of native animals. every one is entitled to there opinion and dont necessarily have to agree with someone elses but i choose option 2, noone has to agree, but i stick by it like you stick by your opinion manda. and im not trying to start an argument by saying this.

I agree with you... when didn't I?

Last edited:
After chasing a fox around my backyard at 2am one morning with my peeking duck in its mouth i say a good fox is a dead fox , SA seem to have a problem with foxes but from observations they just need to build more roads and that will take care of them ( last xmas it was 1 fox every 50 mtrs )

I emailed them about their site and the misinformation on it...they were not too happy about it.

i just wasted 2 mins reading this site and can't believe how misleading this site is, foxes don't thrill kill foxes don't climb trees! um both false i've shot at foxes coming out of tree's and heard of stories by farmers of foxes sitting in tree's no surprising thier information comes from Animal Australia bunch of urban terrorist with no formal education in anything other then collecting thier dole payments.

P1010285.jpg

was killed by fox as u can see not eaten just killed was this lamb was found with other lambing ewe, pic was taken by another shooter who had pretty decent night shooting 13 in that area whilst walking and whistling in foxes

yet another photo for veiwers discretion

Last edited:
we shoot and harvest Roos etc why not foxes? I kill cane toads, I kill mice and rats and If I catch your cat I'll kill it too! We are becoming a huge country of "politically correct Nancies"!
All animals are not equal - at least in the eyes of the law. Post images of you feeding properly euthanased kittens to your snakes and expect lots of flak, including RSPCA and police. This happened to an APS member a few years ago. But if you feed live rats most people will go "Meh".

oh and i reckon more cars kill our native wildlife than foxes and cats combined!
Have you got evidence to back this up? Cars are very bad for out wildlife but cars and foxes are worse

...build more roads and that will take care of them ( last xmas it was 1 fox every 50 mtrs )
During spring when the kittens leave the den, huge numbers get run over but too many survive. I would prefer no road kill foxes because there are no foxes.

..was killed by fox as u can see not eaten just killed ..
Canidae don't have a killing bite like members of the Felidae family do. This translates into killing larger prey by holding them down and ripping into them, generally at the softer parts. The fox can't help it, blame whoever set-up the system ;) As foxes are easily scared off by humans it is very possible that the animal was disturbed before meal time.
The other endearing feature foxes have is that if they find a place where it is easy to kill (eg a chook coop) they will kill as many as possible, then try and take the "booty" away for burial and later consumption. In the case of a chook coop they are often disturbed before the take away process is completed (lots of noise and attention getting "BUK-BUK-BUKKING" during the killing phase) , hence the owner finds lots of dead chooks that appear to be killed for fun

People like to trot out the old "more things die from ..." spray. So what, we are talking about foxes. You want to start an anti car campaign go ahead but it doesn't stop foxes or cats from decimating native wildlife.

All animals are not equal - at least in the eyes of the law. Post images of you feeding properly euthanased kittens to your snakes and expect lots of flak, including RSPCA and police. This happened to an APS member a few years ago. But if you feed live rats most people will go "Meh".

Have you got evidence to back this up? Cars are very bad for out wildlife but cars and foxes are worse

During spring when the kittens leave the den, huge numbers get run over but too many survive. I would prefer no road kill foxes because there are no foxes.

Canidae don't have a killing bite like members of the Felidae family do. This translates into killing larger prey by holding them down and ripping into them, generally at the softer parts. The fox can't help it, blame whoever set-up the system ;) As foxes are easily scared off by humans it is very possible that the animal was disturbed before meal time.
The other endearing feature foxes have is that if they find a place where it is easy to kill (eg a chook coop) they will kill as many as possible, then try and take the "booty" away for burial and later consumption. In the case of a chook coop they are often disturbed before the take away process is completed (lots of noise and attention getting "BUK-BUK-BUKKING" during the killing phase) , hence the owner finds lots of dead chooks that appear to be killed for fun

I don't feed my babies rubbish... I kill cats who attack my birds. I breed birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back