Has anyone else seen or have this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dippy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a pair of Het T+ Childreni from DickyKnee the other day, and I can't be more pleased with them or him for that matter. They are both absolutely stunning but I noticed a parculiarity with the male, one of his eyes is completely nonreactive to light. It's stays half dilated all the time wether he be in sunlight or shadow. I thought it may be just because he was going to shed but now he has and still no difference. Curious to hear how common this is?

i have a stimie that i have had for 13 years whos is blind in his left eye, it dose not seem to bother him at all

Hey Dippy , can't say I noticed to be honest ... but it obviously not bothering him at all so I would not be to concerned.

I have had it in a few children's and stimmies that i have purchased too, although not common it can happen, just like any other animal. It tends to be more noticeable in line bred animal (not making any remark about the breeder of these animals as I know nothing about them). My neighbor is a reptile vet and he has noticed this himself along with other neurological issues with line bred reptiles......we need to remember that if we keep breeding within a line we will get problems, just look at the breeds of dogs 15 years ago with German shepherds, boxers and a few other breeds. In that instance new genetic stock was brought in from overseas which has reduced the problem....not an option with reptiles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brett, I know its not bothering him and im not concerned just wondered how common it was is all =) And yeah i am planning on breeding them end of next year.

Attachments

• DSC01140.jpg
    DSC01140.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01156.jpg
    DSC01156.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back