enclosure falling apart

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeman221

Reaction score
I got 5 eastern water dragons at the victorian reptile expo a few months ago and i have noticed that the enclosure is falling apart cos of the humidety i was just wondering if theres a way to help that i could ask my parents but they would just say sell them

How old are you ? if you have a casual job you could save for a new enclosure for them.

what kind of enclosure is it?
If it's a melamine enclosure, I would suggest if you can replacing the parts on it that are damaged, and once you've done that, sealing all the joins with silicone. You will need to house your dragons elsewhere for about a week and a bit while it cures though.

Start building an outdoor enclosure, you pretty much will need to eventually specially with 5.

Start building an outdoor enclosure, you pretty much will need to eventually specially with 5.
an outdoor enclosure in melbourne , wouldn't things get a little cold down there to be keeping them out doors? i really don't know :)

depends on where you are. It's warmer in costal areas and you can always install an outdoor spot light for extra warmth in winter

Sounds like you either have a really big pool in the enclosure or a very small enclosure :? How old are the dragons?

eastern and gippys do well outdoors in melb,even on the mornington peninsula where its colder again

if well ventilated,the humidity shouldnt affect your cage,spilt water ect sitting in cage is what u want to avoid,perhaps a pic of your set up will help to see what is going on

Attachment is not coming up. How are you uploading the picture? From a PC or iphone/ipad?

I think you need the 'tapatalk' app to upload from iphone/ipad/ipod touch. Not 100% sure as I don't use those devices for APS but I saw that's what was being advised on another thread.

I think you need the 'tapatalk' app to upload from iphone/ipad/ipod touch. Not 100% sure as I don't use those devices for APS but I saw that's what was being advised on another thread.

My Pic's do work via TapaTalk so yeah probably a good idea.

What's it made off ?
Mainly all comes down to the wood...

I got 5 eastern water dragons at the victorian reptile expo a few months ago and i have noticed that the enclosure is falling apart cos of the humidety i was just wondering if theres a way to help that i could ask my parents but they would just say sell them

Dont use a wooden enclosure if possible, i kept four Gippsland water dragons in a melamine enclosure and the humidity and water spillage caused the wood to warp...use a large glass tank or somthing :)

kept mine in a glass enclosure until I got a properly sealed wooden one. For their pool I use a clean kitty litter tray with a heater in it. Most of the warmer months my 3 are outside in an outdoor enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back