What Can Bearded Dragons be Fed and not fed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotta

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello all i wanted to know what bearded dragons can eat and what fruits/vegtables are bad for them as i want to vary my beardies diet
Thanks in advance :)

mine like to feed on a variety of goats milk and sheeps brain........failing that a staple diet of pumpkin, bokchoy, red capsicum and rocket with the occosional treat of apple,watermelon, grapes or any other fruit/veg i am eating at the time ( minus spinach, avacado and iceberg lettuce) seems to do them just fine............failing my advice......as i can only atest to other APSer advice, i would say google is your friend

mine like to feed on a variety of goats milk and sheeps brain........failing that a staple diet of pumpkin, bokchoy, red capsicum and rocket with the occosional treat of apple,watermelon, grapes or any other fruit/veg i am eating at the time ( minus spinach, avacado and iceberg lettuce) seems to do them just fine............failing my advice......as i can only atest to other APSer advice, i would say google is your friend

thanks dude

I have found this guide to be extremely helpful:
---------------> Nutrition Content <----------------------
Avocado, Wheat Bran & Rhubarb & Lettuce are def no no's

goats milk and sheeps brain - What the? ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Carrots and cucumber and the yellow squash mine seem to love those and mine like the hibiscus flowers too when they are in season never avacardo its poisonus to them also don't know why other guy said no spinach mine love it and of course crickets woodies and mealeys

My guys love the coloured capsicum. They pick out their favourite colours. I also give scrambled egg (just the egg), variety of salad and veg, crickets, woodies, pinkie mice as a treat and fish cut offs when we are having fish for dinner. They love it!!

I have planted Nasturims (spelling) in there enclosure as well for the cotton moths and grubs. They enjoy the hunt for food it keeps them active.

My guys love the coloured capsicum. They pick out their favourite colours. I also give scrambled egg (just the egg), variety of salad and veg, crickets, woodies, pinkie mice as a treat and fish cut offs when we are having fish for dinner. They love it!!

I have planted Nasturims (spelling) in there enclosure as well for the cotton moths and grubs. They enjoy the hunt for food it keeps them active.

cooly cool
thanks for the advice also when you say you feed yours scrambled egg lol wat do you mean just the egg? do you mean the yolk?

Carrots and cucumber and the yellow squash mine seem to love those and mine like the hibiscus flowers too when they are in season never avacardo its poisonus to them also don't know why other guy said no spinach mine love it and of course crickets woodies and mealeys

cool thanks lol lucky because i brought spinach :)
i didnt know beardies ate flowers lol

I have found this guide to be extremely helpful:
---------------> Nutrition Content <----------------------
Avocado, Wheat Bran & Rhubarb & Lettuce are def no no's

goats milk and sheeps brain - What the? ??

lol yeah i thought he may be jokin abot the sheeps brain
thanks for the guide!!!

yep. Some people add milk butter etc to scrambled eggs, hence why I said just the egg. I get an egg, crack it mix it up, stick it in the microwave and then mix it up again.

My guys go mad over it. They also like tinned Royal Canin cat food as a treat!

yep. Some people add milk butter etc to scrambled eggs, hence why I said just the egg. I get an egg, crack it mix it up, stick it in the microwave and then mix it up again.

My guys go mad over it. They also like tinned Royal Canin cat food as a treat!

cool thanks a heap for the advice might try to give him some egg an cat food :)

And NO olives. :shock: *scratches head and reminds oneself about thread titled "disgrace" whereby a pet shop allegedly had an olive in a beardies food bowl*

Surprised they didnt also have fetta, egg plant etc and make it a true antipasto.

And NO olives. :shock: *scratches head and reminds oneself about thread titled "disgrace" whereby a pet shop allegedly had an olive in a beardies food bowl*

Surprised they didnt also have fetta, egg plant etc and make it a true antipasto.

lol
i love antipastos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back