would you feed this to your rodents (experiment)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cold-B-Hearts

width="500" class="cms_table_grid" style="width: 500px"
|- class="cms_table_grid_tr"
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | protein
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | 20%
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | fat
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | 7%
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | salt
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | 1.2%
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | fibre
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | 2.4%
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | omega 6
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | 0.07%
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | calcium
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | 1300mg
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | pgosphorus
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | 950mg
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | iron
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | 14mg
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | zinc
| class="cms_table_grid_td" | 31mg
|-

it comes in bags of 15 ill let you guys know the name of it after a few coments

hmm see that was the experiment the product is pedigree dog food.
dog food is frowned upon but i rely dont know why. the ingredients are very similar. dog food is said to have to much salt. 1.2% dosnt sound to bad to me. considering biomare has 1.4% and thats a often used rodent feed.
P.s my rodents are not on dog food i was just wounding whats the big deal about dog food. its just a different lable?

dog food is frowned upon but i rely dont know why. the ingredients are very similar. dog food is said to have to much salt. 1.2% dosnt sound to bad to me. considering biomare has 1.4% and thats a often used rodent feed.
P.s my rodents are not on dog food i was just wounding whats the big deal about dog food. its just a different lable?
mate you gave up wwwaaaayyyy to quick :) you got one post back asking what it was and you gave in hows the experiment gonna work now ,quick edit your post

I wouldn't feed that crap to anything. That stuff's so bloody awful I'd turn down a free sample, and I love free stuff!

i'm guessing rather than the nutrition profile the biggie is in the preservatives or something?
btw by dog food do you mean dry/canned?
and you're missing the carbohydrate profile

Its still high in sodium (salt). Comparing it to Biomare is pointless. I would be looking at something less than 0.6% sodium for a dog food. I see no reason why it would be different with respect to rats as I imagine they process sodium similarly to dogs.

i'm guessing rather than the nutrition profile the biggie is in the preservatives or something?
btw by dog food do you mean dry/canned?
and you're missing the carbohydrate profile

its dry food.
im no expert but it dosnt sound that bad. especially if you mix there feed with veggies and fruits like i do.

exactly ^

I feed a top quality dog food like Iams or Eukanuba and I mix it one part Equestrian to one part small parrot seed and 1/4 part or less dog biscuit. I don't know who is saying no dog biscuits... its a high source of vitamins minerals and protein. And yes a varied diet with fruit and veg works best!

well i brouhgt a 15kg bag. should i mix it in with there diet?

yes. When I first started breeding mice many MANY moons ago I didn't give biscuits. I didn't know a lot and was bottom steered in the wrong direction. When the babies were consumed slowly by their mother I went elsewhere to find out why. That's when I was told the shop bought feeds where grossly inadequate. I gave up and stopped for years. About 10 years ago I started again but armed with the internet and books etc and I have had no problems since. You find with experience which colonies like which foods etc and you adapt with that. My mice adore apple, carrot, tomato, sweet potato and cucumber in summer but some aren't too keen on pumpkin or capsicum. It's all a learning curve. It's the same with mixing the quantities of dog biscuit into their feeds, you'll find some will eat it all some will only eat a little. You can adjust your ratios to suit

ok well i gave em all some and they loved it took it out of my hand and ran to the back and gobbled it up haha

what i did was go around to fruit place's today and ask if i could get some food to feed my mice in 2-3 weeks
as i have not set up yet :)
most the suff they can't sell they give it away or throw it out
so i get some fruit and veg for free

what i did was go around to fruit place's today and ask if i could get some food to feed my mice in 2-3 weeks
as i have not set up yet :)
most the suff they can't sell they give it away or throw it out
so i get some fruit and veg for free
yep i was going to do that but my local fruit shop is currently under construction so i asked my mate who works at a deli and he said i can have all the sandwhiches

Our rats and mice get a guinea pig mix bought from our local produce, I add our dogs dry food (royal canin), some nutri-grain, corn flakes, Cherrios, raw nuts and dried fruit and Bio-mare cubes. With this they get fresh Carrots, apples, corn, celery, beans, peas, squash and roast chicken every few days.

I figure I feed them well and have them healthy then I have well fed snakes that are also healthy! If I wouldn't eat it or feed it to my beloved pets (who eat better than we do) why should they?

exactly Nezikah! I dunno about all of you guys but I'm not exactly breeding these vermin cause I like to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back