SAHDragon Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shell477

Reaction score
One of my baby Southern Angle Headed Dragon appears to have its lower jaw slightly crooked, ie the top and lower jaws do not align properly. This appeared after he ate one day (as far as we noticed) and I thought perhaps it would settle back in to place, but it hasnt and today is day 2.

Any advice or information would be great :)

Shell

I've just got home, and he seems worse today. Can anybody help or suggest anyone who know how to? Im really worried....

IMG_0012.JPGIMG_0014.JPG

Last edited:
Bump this thread to get this little guy some help guys

Ok so here are the stats:

Purchased on thursday 26th April,

Have had a 5% uv light over them from day of purchase, that is what was recommended to me.

Fed with 3-4 dusted crickets everyday, (a combined calcium and vitamin powder, also recommended to me)

Jaw issue appeared on day three after purchase. :(

Are you able to get some better quality pictures of the jaw? Does it appear broken, does touching it seem to cause aggravation? I would think a vet trip would be necessary here.

Pm sent with my details give me a call :)

Cheers Brenton

I've not had much experience with dragons, but could this not be MBD related, despite the UVB and dusted crix?

The enclosure is quite tall and we hadnt put in high branches yet coz we were waiting for the to dry. So is it possible the uv wasnt reaching them? But for it to appear after only three days?

Put the sticks in now and the lizzys right up near the uv, will be going to the vet tomorrow although i know in this small town that they might not know much.

My main question now is, if it is mbd whats the outcome? Will it be permantly crooked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back