Albino/jag het

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hughesy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm still confused on working out hets,
I'm buying a Darwin het which comes from a albino dam and a jag sire does that make it 100% het for albino and 100% het for jag? This is what I thought but after looking at a few different posts Im not sure, the het also has 2 different colour eyes which has been there since birth ,what does this mean?
Cheers

I have no idea,someone with way more experience can answer.
I am only replying here as i would absolutely LOVE pics please :D

The jag sib will be 100% het for albino,but will not carry the jag trait .IE is not a het for jag.
Post pics to show the eye colour difference.

yes it will be 100% het for albino but not het for jag there is no such thing as het for jag

Ok cool and the eyes? The dams mother was destiny which is a paradox could this have anything to do with it or can it be common for pythons to have different colour eyes?

as posted above yours will be a (non jag) sibling thats het for albino from that pairing.. theres no het for jag but jags are technically visual hets for leucistic (the jags superform) which is a lethal combination and the leucistics dont survive. this is where many people seem to get confused about the "het for jag" and the het for leucistic (superform). If you look at the hypermelanistic blue tongues its a similar situation with the visual black hets and the hypermelanistic superform.

albino jag and het albino sibling I bred myself (before SXR hatched an albino jag) both hatched on 13-11-2011 from an albino male x jag het albino female. grandmother was SXR destiny the paradox albino

DSC04640.jpg

non jag siblings het for albino
DSC04476.jpg

albino jag

DSC04924.jpg

DSC04731.jpg

Last edited:
The offspring will either be a 100% Het for albino Darwin cross(with no Jag trait), or it could still possibly be a 100% Het for albino, jag. Which if it is will be pretty obvious.

I dont have any albino jags or jags het for albino for sale at this time. cheers

Are the two albinos in the last pic an albino Jag and an albino darwin Col?

Any new pics of the darker/orange albino?

albino jag and albino sibling and sibling het for albino (the orange one) theres some more pics on my facebook redink.. I havent taken any recently because Im pretty lazy with the camera :D

I believe these were the first albino jags produced in Australia, if not, one of the first.

yes as far as I know that was the first albino jag produced here but there were other breeders who also produced some as well after me this season.

Last edited:
I was just saying as it would explain why there's no pics of adult ones lol.

Cheers for all the replies guys unfortunately I can't post pics as i got a text message from the guy I was buying off , he decided to sell it to someone else as they offered him $50 bucks more anyway cheers for that mate! So now I'm hetless lol anyone got any nice hets available?

yes but not for sale sorry mate.. all mine are sold

100% het albino holdback (pure)

DSC05119.jpg

DSC05118.jpg

this one didnt eat for around 4 months but is going well now..
will keep it for sentimental reasons :D and as a reminder not to panic when they wont feed..

Jag het for albino
DSC05122.jpg

DSC05123.jpg

Last edited:
That's for rubbing it in Colin, your a bad as the other guy lol
Nice stuff mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back