Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Qld Police and stuff are useless saying its a civil matter and that license isn't proof of ownership of a specific snake as license details are not specific enough etc... But pretty much sent him a msg saying he has a week to have them returned otherwise etc...

Hey thanks to whomever msg me the details but there is a for sale thread from this guy showing my bhp I don't know whether I can put a direct link too it here due to topic of conversation, but if you search 'snakes for sale' its a post from october with 2 bhps, diamond and coastal in it and in fact even has pics of my female with one highlighting her X pattern

You can probably post the link here if its from this site but check with the mods first - send a PM to them and they'll let you know.

Seriously? Its called common courtesy, not knowing what the arrangement was (as I have no idea I'm a psychic), I know if I asked a person to mind my animals for me it would be nice to know if they had died or if the guy planned to sell them, as they weren't his. So based on what OP said, is what I'm basing my 'opinion' on, that if it were me I'd like some courtesy and that selling someone elses animals to me is wrong, but hey, your what 18? what would I know

I'm guessing by specks posts he is involved some how or knows more about the story,

As you said specks there is defiantly two sides to a story,

Care to share?

I'm guessing by specks posts he is involved some how or knows more about the story,

As you said specks there is defiantly two sides to a story,

Care to share?

good point..

stillllll.......

Last edited:
Seriously? Its called common courtesy,
You are 100% right bellany but i know if they were my reptiles and they were getting looked after i would check up on them lots , so far on the sketchy details we have been given sounds like he didn't do much checking or have much contact with the guy who was charged with taking care of them.

What a crappy situation.
How long was he looking after them for & what was the agreement?
Did you not keep regular contact & check up on how they were going?
Were you contacted at the time they were sick?
I know if someone was looking after my animals & they all died, friend or not I would be wanting to get the dead animals back to at least get an autopsy to find out what killed all of them?

Yeah, ok specks. It's all a gubbamint conspiracy. God forbid we believe something posted on here is 'The Real Story'.

Lesson learnt get everything in writing!!! Cut your losses mate if there was not contract it's his word against yours and I sure he will have a story that you told him to sell them to cover the cost of looking after them. This happens all to oftern. I'm currently involved in a breeding loan we wrote up a contract which was witnessed by a jp and photo copies of drivers license ect the guy is a top bloke and was very trusting loaning his male but I made sure we got everything in writing first.

You can probably post the link here if its from this site but check with the mods first - send a PM to them and they'll let you know.

no names, no links to adverts please as per the site owners rules
General Rule 12 - Do not post public feuds or arguments in the forums or in visitor messages. If you have a problem with another member, then PM them directly or lodge a ticket with 'Feedback/Complaints' at the Support Centre.

private disputes of this nature are best sorted out privately between the parties involved as there's no way to determine who's telling the exact truth or not and its one persons word against another. Its too easy to rubbish someone falsely and damage their reputation otherwise if names are were allowed. and APS has no way of telling whose right or wrong so we dont allow this sort of thing or disputes between members on the forum with names given. I dont know the story in this particular instance and am not saying all this is true or false. I just dont know. but any theft is best taken to the police.
thank you

I know the accused and know what has happened
Sad to see what is being said over here really

I don't see what is sad about what is being said on here specks. No identity has been given exposing the alleged perpetrator and the party concerned is asking for some advice. I feel i'm with the majority of others here and would think that if in the same situation it would be morally correct to have been notified regardless of the circumstances as to the fate of pets i had left in someones care but this is my own opinion.

but what is being said is not reflecting the actual situation
dont tell me i should understand whats happened because this is not FACTUAL

I'd love to hear the 'actual' story, so that we could all 'understand'

When you catch the culprit knock his front teeth out. Then apologise with a broad grin.

I have no right to disclose what has happened
I'll leave that to whom the allegations have been directed at
He may or may not want to enter into this bickering

It's not hard to guess who the accused person is. Not the place for this , contact the police. it's their place to sort this stuff out, not a reptile forum with one side of the story.

This poses a stack of questions.
How long were you not in contact with him, quite a while?
Were you paying him to look after them?
Was there an agreement as to how long he was to take care of them for you ?

As FM asks, How long was it that the person had the snakes for? How long was the period of time you organised for him to look after them for you? Were you in contact with him during the period of time he was looking after them? Were you providing food etc while you were away?

I ask because, I once was asked to 'babysit' a persons bull terrier for a couple of weeks.... tops. I never heard from the owner until 7 months later. I wasnt in the position to look after a dog coz I was renting and the dog, as nice as it was, was terrifying my cat(which I shouldnt have had there either... no pets in contract). After trying to contact the owner unsuccessfully for 3 months, I had to take the dog to the pound with the proviso that it was for rehoming, not to be euthanaised. I felt terrible, but if the real estate agent had busted me with a dog, I would have been launched from my rental house:shock:. I had no choice.:(

A few months later, the guy just turned up and asked for his dog..... he was obviously cranky when I told him I no longer had it even tho I explained why.

So, if you could answer the questions, that would be helpfull. Circumstances may excuse his doings?

Sorry you lost your snakes tho, must be awful :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back