My snake had a lump

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helikaon

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have my fingers crossed, one of my coastals that i have had since a hatchy had a chicken egg sized lump show up 2/3rd's of the way down his body grew very quickly as well. Xrays showed a large mass of tissue and FNA some freaky cells and a lot of bacteria. So we went in yesterday nice stressful couple of hours and it was certainly freaky, ended up consisting of and surrounding and infiltrating the surroundings of his right kidney. Poor bugger so we have removed it and as much of the nasty very friable tissue we could get and sutured him up. Anaesthetic was beautiful and a quick wake up. Still kicking strong this morning although i cant imagine he is happy with me. So fingers are crossed to hope he recovers well and it doesnt come back. I did take some photos, which i will upload this arvo unfortunately missed a lot of the good stuff as it got suddenly much more interesting when we found it was kidney with blood vessels and ureters and the likes. Sad for a just a 4 year old snake though.

oh i have one photo i took with my phone when he woke up and was in his hot box.
02052012.jpg

i will get the pics soon, My best gues would be either infection or neoplasia, he ate every week right up to me noticing the lump . may have to wait on histo results.

the photos:
DSCF9186.jpg

DSCF9192.jpg

DSCF9193.jpg

DSCF9194.jpg

big gap here from still in to now removed.
DSCF9195.jpg

DSCF9196.jpg

DSCF9197.jpg

DSCF9203.jpg

i know how much the lab loves it when we slice it in half but i was to curious not to.
DSCF9201.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics. Huge growth.

Hope that has fixed the problem

Cheers, obviously interesting, you forgot the cam for the good bits ;)

Nice clean work though... how was the kidney looking?

Who could resist slicing it in half haha, when will you have results? Pretty disturbing when you think what a short time he baked that in, it's a fair mass...
Speedy recovery to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back