Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
166942_2564091136498_1080709962_2687740_1380152301_n.jpg

You guys are totally insane. & don't worry i have been called that before today.

Cheers
Ian

All the people for the diamond cross coastal aren't getting the argument,

Were just saying an integrade is different to just crossing a coastal with a diamond that's it lol,

If your going to breed a diamond cross coastal then when you sell them call them that and not integrade lol

My first snake was a diamond coastal intergrade they are beautiful big snakes , here is a diamond coastal intergrade that was caught on a road somewhere in NSW
ps scorps is getting his frilly panties in a knot about the use of the term "intergrade" which is a naturally occurring mix of Sp, and or mix of Ssp, where as putting your captive diamond over a coastal is just a crossbreed, especially when people cross breed a townsville coastal and a gossford diamond as this could never naturally occur .

Attachments

• Giant%20Diamond%20Python.jpg
    Giant%20Diamond%20Python.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Were just saying an integrade is different to just crossing a coastal with a diamond that's it lol,

If your going to breed a diamond cross coastal then when you sell them call them that and not integrade lol

Mate what is the difference?

Cheers
Ian

Scorps a lot of people dont get your arguments because you don't put your point across very well and leave everyone to fill in the blanks, you come across as angry and ranting.

Mate what is the difference?

Cheers
Ian
the term "intergrade" which is a naturally occurring mix of Sp, and or mix of Ssp, where as putting your captive diamond over acoastal is just a crossbreed, especially when people cross breed a townsville coastal and a gossford diamond as this could never naturally occur

i didnt think there was any angst in scorps first post,sheesh u guys,as a sitter on the fence,this makes me laugh,the for crossing sub species side having a go at the purist and saying he was getting his panties in a twist,if you read the whole thread,no offence guys but looks like the twisted panties actually belong to others,and mostly for the for crossing subspecies side

i dont get why you would bother breeding a coastal to a diamond,just get a pr of port macs,if u want to breed them it will be alot easier getting 2 animals needing the same cycling regime to breed

also u will probably get a better percentage of nice looking ones so wont have to cull all thos fugly ones,lol

99% of the snakes that people sell as port macs are just home made crosses anyway

Scorps a lot of people dont get your arguments because you don't put your point across very well and leave everyone to fill in the blanks, you come across as angry and ranting.

the term "intergrade" which is a naturally occurring mix of Sp, and or mix of Ssp, where as putting your captive diamond over acoastal is just a crossbreed, especially when people cross breed a townsville coastal and a gossford diamond as this could never naturally occur

OK sorry Scorps & Frozenmouse, i apologise.
Yes i would agree that there is a lot of difference between a natural intergrade versus say a Townsville carpet x diamond or jungle x diamond that is not a natural intergrade & should be named as such.
Not that i need to stick up for S&M or anyone else, but they do not for one moment call them a natural intergrade & are called milkshakes or jungle x diamond.
A natural intergrade is something totally different & even though it can be made in captivity, I agree that it should be with the right snakes & named apropriatly. Does that make sense?

Cheers
Ian

coastals do well in captivity,diamonds need totally different conditions and are susceptable to dps,why breed that possability into coastals?

just giving them a heat gradient is pretty poor advice,diamonds dont do well when kept like carpets

Because I'm not arguing, I'm not trying to get my point accross it's just a fact.

Me saying aps is a forum for reptile hobbiest is a fact, I shouldn't have to sit here and explain why.

coastals do well in captivity,diamonds need totally different conditions and are susceptable to dps,why breed that possability into coastals?

just giving them a heat gradient is pretty poor advice,diamonds dont do well when kept like carpets

Coastals can do just as well kept like Diamonds.

You don't Scorps but if you make the comments, you should back it up.IMO.

Cheers
Ian

Or cape York carpets lol, there the same species as diamonds so they should go fine in Melbourne out doors all year round

You guys are getting a bit bitchy now, if you have the right requirements you can keep them anywhere.
Just because they come from a different location does not mean that you cannot keep them in the Antartic. & noone said about outdoors.
& Richo i said keep Coastals like Diamonds ha ha.
Cheers
Ian

not to mention darwins and jungles,good way to save on electrity,bang them all in an avairy,if diamonds do well down the south coast,the others should to,being exactly the same and all

i didnt say keep coastals like diamonds,i said diamonds and its a very extremely well known FACT dont do well when kept like coastals

most folk obviously dont keep diamonds properly,what is properly?most are kept like carpets and succumb,just odd,being the exact same animal,that darwins,jungles,even coastals dont do well outdoors on the south coast

not being bitchy,just putting across a suggestion,plus cant just say something with out backing it up ,some folk dont like that,lol

Last edited:
hmmmm,anyone keep townsville coastals outdoors on the south coast year round ?

I for 2 seasons have kept a couple of my Jungles outdoors, no probs if anything the best these 2 have ever been. I also keep diamonds and have never had an issue with one

not to mention darwins and jungles,good way to save on electrity,bang them all in an avairy,if diamonds do well down the south coast,the others should to,being exactly the same and all

It shows your intelligence of what a python needs & the type of housing that can be given. If a wide range of temp varients are available in identical enclosures, why could you not keep a Diamond in the identical enclosure as a jungle, providing siutable temps were given. A jungle does not need 35c just because that is the temp where they come from, you will never see a jungle in 35c.
All any snake needs is to bring thier body temp up to a workable temp to move freely & digest food is 28 to 30c.
This can be achieved very easily & cost effectively in most cases with the added benefit of providing a cool retreat.
Now as i said earlier if you are talking about breeding different types of snakes then that can change the temp requirements for that species as an example BHPs. I hope that this helps.
I am available all week.
Cheers
Ian

Just to clarify a bit of what i am trying to say is:-
Just because an animal/snake comes from that paticular environment & that environment might get to 45c in the shade let alone 65c at ground temp does not mean that this is the temp that we should provide. or because in NQ it gets to 37 & very high humidity does not mean that is what we keep our Jungles at.
A snake might live in those environmental conditions, but will burrow in or retreat to cooler hides that are more apropriate. In ideal breeding seasons & replicated conditions in captivity we will tweek the enclosure temps to simulate more of thier natural behavour enticing them to breed. So yes i do belive that a Diamond will live in captivity just like a Jungle so long as the temps are right, who says a jungle needs 37c ?? but a Diamond certainly needs less & a Jungle will do with that.
Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back