Walhalla Ghost

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does being colour defective give you good night vision slim6y????

The pinky tinge (rightside of the image) is the UV spectrum picked up by the camera...

The reptile light I chose was a compact flouro so not much heat from them, not much IR.

I did not look at the other end of the spectrum unfortunately Slimy, I cut off the capture at the green spike. I was looking at the UV side of it but...

May or may not be of interest... Same camera so it does pick up IR

_DSF0040.jpg

_DSF0039.jpg

_DSF0038.jpg

I was going to look into body mapping of the UV absorption areas on bearded dragons as a final year research, unfortunately that did not come through. Ethics board and working with animals and the like, plus being a Scientific imaging student and not a biology student meant I would not be able to get it through as a research.

The areas I have marked in the UV image show areas of less reflectance (in red box), my theory was these were areas of absorption - hence flattening like a pancake as well when basking. The IR image was taken on the hypothesis that these areas would be more sensitive to heat as well (IR manifested)...

Apologies as well for de-railing the thread.

I feel like we're hijacking the thread...

"Color vision deficient people have a tendency to better night vision and, in some situations, they can perceive variations in luminosity that color-sighted people could not. In fact, most color blind people can easily read what is written in the picture below..."

reverse_ishihara.gif

Source: Color Blindness Tests and Facts

I'm only reiterating what I've already read elsewhere - apologies if it isn't conclusive... I just want to feel better about my colour deficiencies!

I have never actually seen 'real' evidence of this - but I'm happy if people can pass the above test that they all join up with a bunch of people who failed the above test and then go into rooms of varying light to identify particular (changing) objects... And if the people who pass the test can accurately identify the objects more frequently than those who did not pass the test we can assume colour blind people are more likely to have better night vision...

We are all very aware that cats, dogs and many other animals have much better night vision (not only because of the shape of their eyes and pupils, but because they have many more cones that pick up in the darker part of the spectrum). Sorry if I can't be any more conclusive and for hijacking this thread...

But - test it if you don't believe it :)

BTW - I can see MUCH better at night than my GF, daughters and other people who are not colour deficient.

@Red-Ink - You need to start an entire thread devoted to these photos - I am so interested.... In fact, a whole website should be devoted to this!

So are you also saying that there may be some (albeit small) amounts of red from the Reptaglow?

Last edited:
So are you also saying that there may be some (albeit small) amounts of red from the Reptaglow?

The IR pic of the BD was done under a Mercury vapour bulb to ensure that I had enough IR for the image.

If a source emits heat.. it has IR in varying quantities (this includes us and all other mammalian as well as avian life), though part of the "spectrum", IR can be read as heat - hence IR temp guns

Which could mean if the "ghost/supernatural" entity or anomally emits heat or is of a different wavelength to the surrounding source the camera may register it... just to get us back on to the topic ;)

Last edited:
If i was a ghost i would go to live events and knocks things over... cause that paranormal white noise stuff at live music things... troll people from the other side! The lack of ghosts trolling is enough proof for me ghosts have no human origin.

I feel like we're hijacking the thread...

"Color vision deficient people have a tendency to better night vision and, in some situations, they can perceive variations in luminosity that color-sighted people could not. In fact, most color blind people can easily read what is written in the picture below..."

reverse_ishihara.gif

Source: Color Blindness Tests and Facts

I'm only reiterating what I've already read elsewhere - apologies if it isn't conclusive... I just want to feel better about my colour deficiencies!

I have never actually seen 'real' evidence of this - but I'm happy if people can pass the above test that they all join up with a bunch of people who failed the above test and then go into rooms of varying light to identify particular (changing) objects... And if the people who pass the test can accurately identify the objects more frequently than those who did not pass the test we can assume colour blind people are more likely to have better night vision...

We are all very aware that cats, dogs and many other animals have much better night vision (not only because of the shape of their eyes and pupils, but because they have many more cones that pick up in the darker part of the spectrum). Sorry if I can't be any more conclusive and for hijacking this thread...

But - test it if you don't believe it :)

BTW - I can see MUCH better at night than my GF, daughters and other people who are not colour deficient.

@Red-Ink - You need to start an entire thread devoted to these photos - I am so interested.... In fact, a whole website should be devoted to this!

Night vision is governed by rods not cones, most colour defectives just have a slight shift in there wavelength sensitivity in there red or green cone. (rods not affected) While it is true that people with colour vision deficiencies can sometimes perceive things that colour normals can't (eg. they are sometimes better at identifying objects hidden by military camouflage) I can't for the life of me see how they would be better with night vision.

what does it say ive stared at it for ages and every time i think ive got it my eyes get all confused:? , is it written in the orange dots or the yellowy brown ones :?

You saying that there were too many other possibilities without asking questions for it to be a ghost is imo is not open minded. Open minded people on both fronts would again use the process of elimination from the most likely to the most unlikely. Great story by the way.

I don't know what investigation I could have carried out that would have had any validity. How could I know for sure if I was having a subconscious psychological reaction to the eerie atmosphere? Or if I'd asked the person closest to me if he was kicking me in the back of the knee, how could I be certain he was telling me the truth, whatever answer he gave? It would have been great if they'd had security cameras there, that might have eliminated some possibilities or provided some evidence. :)

As it is, I can't come to any kind of conclusion.

In regards to hi-jacking the thread,i dont feel that way. Its all ghost related due how we perceive images or how a camera picks up images.

If i was a ghost,i would slime people :p

If i was a ghost,i would slime people :p[/QUOTE]

as a ghost i'd be doin that in the cheer leaders locker room aswell haha!!!:lol:

Night vision is governed by rods not cones, most colour defectives just have a slight shift in there wavelength sensitivity in there red or green cone. (rods not affected) While it is true that people with colour vision deficiencies can sometimes perceive things that colour normals can't (eg. they are sometimes better at identifying objects hidden by military camouflage) I can't for the life of me see how they would be better with night vision.

I don't write these websites, I merely copy them... Can't help what's written out there... But I live in hope that my colour deficiency has an advantage... And all I want is to say... I can see better at night than you!!! Sucked in!

Which... Coincidentally is probably why I don't see ghosts at night - because there aren't any to see :)

what does it say ive stared at it for ages and every time i think ive got it my eyes get all confused:? , is it written in the orange dots or the yellowy brown ones :?

I'm never going to tell you muahahahahahahaha (but my GF can read it and she's not colourblind, so now I am worried....)

Last edited:
Any of the skeptics experienced something they can't explain?

Haha, everyday :) Thats fine, but when you jump to a conclusion without any degree of certainty you are committing a logical fallacy. Specifically 'argumentum ad ignorantiam' or an argument from ignorance. Just because something appears to be unexplainable does not mean it cannot be explained. Simply applying Occam's Razor should lead you to a more earthly conclusion. What is more likely, that its simply an artefact in the photo that pattern seeking mammals see as a person or that the natural laws of the universe have been suspended and it is indeed a ghost?

So what you're saying is that this picture might not be a ghost?

But, there's still an inkling of hope for the believers that this is a ghost - assuming the above conditions of natural law of the universe have been met....

So what you're saying is that this picture might not be a ghost?

But, there's still an inkling of hope for the believers that this is a ghost - assuming the above conditions of natural law of the universe have been met....

I'm not saying it might not be a ghost, I'm flat out saying it isn't a ghost. To quote Carl Sagan, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Sorry, but a blurry photo that kinda looks like it may be a person doesn't qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back