Marble Childrens Project Sold

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
As there has been discussion on our Marble Childreni Project from time to time on APS, I thought it appropriate to announce here that Southern Cross Reptiles has sold the project in its entirety for an undisclosed sum (As many of you would know, Diane and I are retiring from SXR and large scale breeding so we can travel before its too late). Although we received a lot of requests to buy groups, pairs and individual animals, we felt it was bit early to release this amazing childreni morph until the project was more advanced. We had got as far as completing the back cross to prove it was a recessive genetic trait and had produced enough hatchling Marbles to see that there was a fair amount of variation (see ... Southern Cross Reptiles - Tanami Woma Hatchlings ). However, we hadn't got as far as crossing Marble to Marble and exploring the variety of snakes that this morph might create. Consequently, it was Diane's and my preference to try and sell the project as a whole to someone who was committed to developing it further and introducing a whole new dimension to Antaresia breeding.

So, we held an informal auction and were surprised at the number of breeders that were willing to back themselves and the herp industry to make some serious bids for the animals. The final and winning bid went to a young lady I have had a lot of dealings with over the last few years. She was someone I have high regard for in her breeding skills, who I was very confident had the ability to ensure the Project would go on to be a success and who had always shown me to be an honest and sincere person to deal with.

So, I'd like to congratulate Tahnii Astey from northern Qld for stepping up to the plate, for her leap in faith and for taking a path that will make her a part of Australian Herp History. Tahnii has got all the Marbles in her possession now and is already doing some things a bit better that I think I was doing. I wish her every success this breeding season and into the future.

If you are interested in getting some Marbles sometime in the future, Tahnii's email address is [email protected] .

Regards Doc Rock

Attachments

• Marble laying.jpg
    Marble laying.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 537
  • 2 YO Marble.jpg
    2 YO Marble.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 411
  • YMarble2.jpg
    YMarble2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 405
I'd agree that they are now a few marbles short of a full bag!! :)
Stunning pythons, I'm not much into Antaresia usually, but I'd be willing to part with a limb or two for one of them.

Some would say I lost our marbles long ago LOL ... it happens with age :-(

I found selling that project was one of the hardest things I've done. I'm a strong believer in the future of the Antaresia. So much of a snakes prestige is driven by the price they demand and long ago when most snakes were wild caught, one of the easiest to catch were the Ants and so their price was always low. Since then, this momentum has carried on. However, they are fabulous animals to keep - they don't require a large cage and you can have desert, tropical and montane forms all in a great looking stack of cages that takes little room. What they lacked perhaps is some genetic morphs for the more advanced and adventurous breeders to play around with. This is changing now with the albinos, caramels and now the marbles. As we live in more dense housing and flats etc, I think we'll see the Ants on the ascendancy.

Its going to take quite a bit of R&R to make me feel better about it ...

Hi Everyone,

Needless to say i am absolutely delighted to have the opportunity to work with these animals. The moment the first images of these animals surfaced... well... they pretty much had me at 'Hello' :) These pythons are more beautiful in the flesh than any picture could possibly capture. As Simon pointed out the variation in the Marbles is HUGE,so i look forward to seeing what comes out of various pairings (if anything).

Thank you so much Simon for the kind words, but i really need to thank yourself and Di for putting in the hard yards with these little guys. It has been a pleasure dealing with you both over the years. It will be sad to see you guys retire from the hobby, but let's hope you will check in every now and then ;-)

Hi Everyone,

Needless to say i am absolutely delighted to have the opportunity to work with these animals. The moment the first images of these animals surfaced... well... they pretty much had me at 'Hello' :) These pythons are more beautiful in the flesh than any picture could possibly capture. As Simon pointed out the variation in the Marbles is HUGE,so i look forward to seeing what comes out of various pairings (if anything).

Thank you so much Simon for the kind words, but i really need to thank yourself and Di for putting in the hard yards with these little guys. It has been a pleasure dealing with you both over the years. It will be sad to see you guys retire from the hobby, but let's hope you will check in every now and then ;-)

Stunning, and grats on making the sale! Ill be keeping my eyes open for when hatchies come up for sale. Will you be creating a waiting list? ^_^

Congrats Minka. If anyone can do justice to this project , you can....
Ants are certainly my fave....

just curious what would be a rough price of the hatchies of these guys once there more readily available , ants have never really caught my eye but these guys look really nice especially that last one if it got a bit more flecks to it that would look awesome

Congrats on the purchase Minka, hope too see them available in the future as they are stunning.

Thanks All :)

I will be sure to keep everyone updated on how they are going in the future... As for pricing, i am not certain on what i will be asking for this morph as yet, i will wait and see how i go with the various breeding trials and what not. If you are interested in purchasing some of these animals in the near future and would like your details to be put on a waiting list please feel free to email me at : [email protected]

Well done on your purchase Minka I cant wait to see what you produce and I hope one day I purchase a hatchling from you :)

I hope you didn't forget my name on the list ;) Minka! Congrats, many a jealous herper here and we cant wait to see them in the future!

Congrats Minka & a lot of credit to Simon for producing the morph & being a great ambassador of the hobby.

Minka all eyes are on you now & i wish you all the success with the project.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks again everyone :D

I will be sure to keep everyone updated on the project. But for now, here's a picture of one of my personal favorites! 'Spot'

tn_MARBLESPOT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back