Breeding Diamond with Coastal Carpet.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

animal805

Reaction score
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
Hi all,
I was considering a breeding project with my High yellow Diamond and my sons Coastal Carpet but have read some stuff that has made me think twice. I am sure the youngens would be very good looking animals but was just after some opinions so I can make a final decision on cooling them prior to breeding. All opinions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 202
check each individual animals cooling tempreture and cool the seperatly with their different tempretures, just introduce them at the end of the cooling season.

p.s. put on your flame-proof suit cause you may get abused for cross breeding...

Nooooo. You don't know what you'll start with this thread! Just wait for it........

NO NO NO NO buy another diamond then breed the two diamonds leave the coastal out of it please

Go for it but be prepared to have a lot of animals for a while as they will be hard to get rid of. Any one who says don't do it don't realize where all the stunning high yellows come from, I haven't seen any flouro yellow diamonds in the wild but there are heaps in captivity, and it's not against law to cross breed other wise we wouldn't get different color morph carpets like albinos and calicoes etc

what about lizards has anyone hybridized lizards. Ie inland and eastern beardies or frilly localities

hahahahaha just heard a few flame throwers ignite

seen a few wild pics of high yellow diamonds,some states it is actually illegal to cross breed them and the original albino darwin and olive wernt the result of cross breeding u get those with out needing to cross breed,same with calico,s

using my jedi powers, me thinks this is a gee up thread to the exact same topic one earlier,sensing great anger me thinks

yes some lizards have been cross bred to

what about lizards has anyone hybridized lizards. Ie inland and eastern beardies or frilly localities

Well kronick with enough kronic you wont need to 8), they will do their own morphing.

Eastern and blotched blueys in the wild, used to find them along the Barwon river in geelong. Eastern and Gippsland water dragons. Most bearded subs will breed. . . I know the list goes on. . oh wait also stumpy cross blueys, seen a few of those. Adelaide museum used to have a live one (prob hiding it from the wildlife gestapo).

Every man and his dog has cross bred diamonds with coastal/ jungles/ bredli/ MD's etc, and that's why its had to find a normal diamonds. And diamonds/coastal will be hard to sell because they are nothing special. get a nice diamond to breed it with, you ill make more money and do the industry a favor by not cross breeding.

just a nibble from me :p

Go for it but be prepared to have a lot of animals for a while as they will be hard to get rid of. Any one who says don't do it don't realize where all the stunning high yellows come from, I haven't seen any flouro yellow diamonds in the wild but there are heaps in captivity, and it's not against law to cross breed other wise we wouldn't get different color morph carpets like albinos and calicoes etc

There is no shortage of sub-species specific morphs... i would go the other way and suggest locality specific animals are the actual origin of most morphs... you mention Albinos? Albino Carpets didn't even originate in captivity... which seems to go for most morphs really.

As for bright yellow diamonds the best ive seen have been wild animals.

i guess another tact would be to ask a question to the original poster

why would u like to breed these 2 together,and what are u hoping to acheive with any babies,if u do get any?

and more to the point what are u going to do with the babies which could number into the 40.s

Nooooo. You don't know what you'll start with this thread! Just wait for it........

I've been waiting for a thread like this for a while :) A lot of the flamers are throwing Jags over everything they can now so this thread could be interesting. Personally I don't think it's worth breeding them together but if you see a 'project' in them, than it's no different from someone seeing a project in throwing jag over a jungle really, they'll also get their share of non-jag sibs which are nothing but hybrid carpets that are the result of them seeing potential in their desired 'project'.

I thank you all for your comments, got the reactions I thought I might. Mind is made up, will source another Diamond and wait for my female carpet to grow another year and breed her with my sons big male carpet. Was originally my sons idea so I thought I would do the research. Just out of curiosety, do not Diamonds and Carpets cross territories in the wild and mate in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back