Touchy Subject but I appreciate any advice on this new territory

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would they all have lisps? lol

Yeah neuro I don't know anything about which is why I thought it would be up to the breeder and the degree of the neuro

Would they all have lisps? lol

Yeah neuro I don't know anything about which is why I thought it would be up to the breeder and the degree of the neuro

if you read up on neuro (probs should have done that before starting.the thread) and watch videos of snakes with neuro problems, you will realise why its best to cull in most cases

also taking in these animals,even buying them promotes more being bred,meaning more being culled,so in a sense,supporting the breeding of them

just like buying poor reptiles u see at a pet shop,its nice to save them so to speak,but if they sell,they get more of them,so more go through it again

if you want a snake,theres plenty of normal ones out there rather cheaply to these days,some of those even are free,id be more inclined looking there

a

Richardsc, my previous threads have been repeated, clarified and drummed that I don't want 'cheap snakes' I want to save a snake that would have been killed otherwise, and also in my posts I've put that I have no intention to breed. Not sure if you just caught the tail end of this thread, but from the start my two biggest points were that I want to save a snake, and I want nothing to do with breeding. Also I've been repeating that the degree of neuro is up to the descretion of the breeder as to whether they want to move it along or kill it.

As for being snippy about 'probly should have done that before starting the thread'.. I joined this forum to find out from actual snake keepers the wealth of knowledge they have, not to google, as I don't believe everthing on google is correct? What I have found out tho is that this is not a place for information (about 2% of people share knowledge in my experience) its more a place for arguments, measuring contests and bullying.

I'm starting to feel this thread is doing the loop

mate,doesnt matter if u want to breed them or not,just odd u want a jag,and you dont care how bad its neuro issues are,is it saving one to keep it if its suffering,whats wrong with non jag ones,others that would be perfectly healthy,but culled perhaps because of fugly coloring

i said for someone to google assumption college,so not sure why you direct google at me,also everything onlines like google,lots of bs to sift through to find some decent info,even on here as im sure u can see,lol

you made these threads,and numerous the same ones,did u expect them to all be different?

just seems odd u only want to rescue a deformed jag,even knowing the deformity can progress with age

a perfectly healthy animal i could understand,one thats way behind the 8 ball to begin with just seems silly,its more humane to cull them

you will find they get culled usually because its jags,the want pretty ones,they want to make money,selling fugly ones cheaply lets others have the oppatunity to also get jags cheaply,and they dont want the market to drop on the expensive ones

u rarely see jag siblings,fugly ones offered,yet plenty are breeding them,yet look at albino morphs,melanistics ect,theres plenty of hets for sale cheaply

thats why fugly ones are culled,to many mouths to feed and dont want the prices to drop on expensive pretty ones by flooding the market

neuro ones,poor doers is understandable,its humane

fugly ones are culled,or some breeders give them away if buyer buys an expensive one as well

why else wouldnt they want folk to breed them,certainly isnt because it may pass on poor gentics,as they still breed them,and keep neuro affected ones if they may be pretty so to speak

Last edited:
Bell.....I honestly think you one of the few members that honestly give a damn around here. I guess what is being said is that why a jag ? There are heaps of others animals that get culled( Due to no health reasons at all)...

Just trying to see your view

neuro issues as stated by others do get worse with. Why do people do it for looks? well it is the same with all animals, often line breeding or in breeding to try and perfect and make animals more graceful and fine bodied, or simply smaller and better colour. I have seen it for years. I breed mini cattle and i know alot of people that tried taking what i do TOO far, their dont live past 3 as their frame wont hold their weight or their legs wont. Same with dogs, often seen in king charles spanial, brains to big for their heads, causing twitching and stroke like symptoms. Why will it continue, well as long as their is a market for people to try and create new mixes with colours etc and make money... it answers itselt.

I give away perfectly good snakes, mainly to friends who get their licences for their kids to experience the snake. Personlly i make sure they are up to it first. I have also taken free snakes to rehab.

I currently have a 7ft atherton which was just skin when i got him. Atleast he can strike at me now :D and has a feeding response, but he is another snake i will rehome for free - so there are plenty out there not just jags. And snakes which have nothing wrong with them also.

Do people really cull snakes just because they arent as pretty? That makes me sick... i understand culling for issues that would prevent them being able to survive, but just because they have an "ugly" pattern? wow...

My wife and I bought our 2 central beardies as "tail nipped hatchies." We got two for $50 and although we could have easily bought the full priced ones for $80 or so each, we requested the tail nips as the thought that these beautiful little animals were not wanted broke our hearts. I dont blame the breeder, as they are just trying to "move stock" so to speak.

Just upsetting that this is what this world has come to, when we start killing the things we set out to breed, just because they arent as pretty as the rest of their siblings. All for an extra dime...

Do people really cull snakes just because they arent as pretty? That makes me sick... i understand culling for issues that would prevent them being able to survive, but just because they have an "ugly" pattern? wow...

My wife and I bought our 2 central beardies as "tail nipped hatchies." We got two for $50 and although we could have easily bought the full priced ones for $80 or so each, we requested the tail nips as the thought that these beautiful little animals were not wanted broke our hearts. I dont blame the breeder, as they are just trying to "move stock" so to speak.

Just upsetting that this is what this world has come to, when we start killing the things we set out to breed, just because they arent as pretty as the rest of their siblings. All for an extra dime...

unfortunately this is often the case. I know of a couple of people that will cull due to colour and pattern.... reputation is his concern... bit of a worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back