Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 pages of basically no sympathy. I'm with snowman on this one. It's still alive so there couldn't have been too much wrong with the lackaging. Whinging about it on here before talking to the seller to sort it out is pointless. You should also report the findings to a museum that a normally palcid snake bit someone after being boxed up and being taken out in an unknown environment, that's a revolutionary discovery.

I just sent a little one off this morning. Air holes, stickers & apropriate paperwork so it should make its destination no problems.
I just hope that it does not bite them when they take it out. If so they can send it back if they want.

Cheers
Ian

I just sent a little one off this morning. Air holes, stickers & apropriate paperwork so it should make its destination no problems.
I just hope that it does not bite them when they take it out. If so they can send it back if they want.

Cheers
Ian
Your not getting mine back :p You and Mrs D pack your snakes perfectly Both mine were placid straight out of the box :)

Your not getting mine back :p You and Mrs D pack your snakes perfectly Both mine were placid straight out of the box :)

Crystal that is because Mrs D wears the pants & makes sure that i do it right.
I will be honest i would be lost without her.

Cheers
Ian

I recently purchased a male python (intended mate for my female) from down south.
We arranged the freight and he was to be sent on one particular day, stay overnight, and arrive the following morning.
I was abit iffy at first, but the seller assured me that they had done this previously and never had issues or complaints, so I felt comfortable making the deal.

Well, when the snake showed up, I was at work. Dad was home to collect him.
He had been sent up in a bag, in a box, with no air holes and no label indicating there was a live animal inside.
The freight company had probably been throwing him around for 2 days.
The poor thing was so scared that once Dad remove him from his coffin, it bit his hand.
We have been assured this is a friendly snake, so I can only pin it down to sheer trauma of his travelling experience.

I am not happy at all and feel very sorry for what the snake has probably been put through.
We are making him comfortable, leaving him alone and hoping he settles down within the next week.

I have left out specific details as I am unsure whether or not ths seller uses the site.
I have not discussed these issues with the seller as I believe that there can be nothing done about it, so why bother?
Be careful who you deal with and what services they use!

What if ?? ... the courier/driver already knew what was in the box and handled it very carefully from go to whoa and you received your animal alive healthy and well.

Think about this:

Sometimes if boxes are labelled LIVE REPTILE INSIDE no one from the freight company would touch the box, not all people like or appreciate reptiles.

All's well that ends well, hey

Cheers
Sandee :)

I sent a snake via air freight to Mackay recently. Just to let the buyer feel safe I let her no how the snake will be packed. I then asked her if she is happy with that method before I go ahead with it. If not what will she want done more. She was happy with my method. So upon finishing the packaging I took a picture of the container with details such as her name, address, phone, and also caution harmless live reptile keep out of sun. We both agreed and if anything wrong it's out of my hands as I checked with her. Just a reminder in future if you agree to receive via freight check with buyer how they will pack and ask for picture before it's sent to make buyer as well as seller both feel good.

I can't believe that this thread has gone to 5 pages just because the OP was crapped off about something that had no negative consequences anyway... I'd say just get over it!

Jamie

Good on AAE....Snake arrived safely at Cairns Airport at approx 4.30 this avo...
She has been picked up and is now safely home at Innisfail....
Buyer was very happy with the way she was packaged....and very happy with the snake....

Think about this:

Sometimes if boxes are labelled LIVE REPTILE INSIDE no one from the freight company would touch the box, not all people like or appreciate reptiles.

All's well that ends well, hey

Cheers
Sandee :)
well if the courier drivers doesn't like to handle reptiles. They shouldn't be in the job. That's one of my big hates. If you don't like certain parts of your job then don't go into the industry. You must commit to 100% of your job not 90%. It reminds me of the taxi drivers that complain that the job they get is to short. So they refuse the job. You don't get paid for waiting at the taxi rank.

this topic is just so stupid. Some of the post from our junior members are absolutely stupid.
Please grow up people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back