some people

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raycam01_au

Reaction score
was at home tonight sitting and chillin and feeding and playing wiff snakes and i got a call there is a snake up on the road not far from me and some kids were rocking and hitting it wiff golf clubs.
I put charlie (Carpet) back into his enclosure and jumped in the car and raced down to see if i could find the snake, so im bout 1klm from home and i see 2 people on the side of the road in front of me so i hit them with the high beams and they took off, on the side of the road was a carpet python not moving, so i looked it over couldnt see anything right away as it was dark so i bagged it up and took it home, popped it in a spare enclosure n hit the heat it wasnt moving at all, has a what looked like a dent behind the head n middle of the back was slightly indented, i have since turned the light off and left it under cover, time was 801pm, i will check it soon and see how it is...

some people need culling :(

trying not to swear but jesus peeps ****e me

I know. I hate it when people say to me that the only good snake is a dead snake. And I hate it even more when people tell me that they run over lizards on purpose.

I hope the snake makes it, you've done everything you can.

That's horrible. Hopefully it's ok, although if it's not moving I'm assuming not. Good on you for checking though.

It's really sad that people get off on seeing such amazing animals suffer. Unfortunately it's all to common around here. :cry:

Thats sad and scarey. What is wrong with some people (and I use the term VERY loosely). Do they feel superior by hurting a helpless creature? Sadistic mongrels should all be made to do some hours of community in a shelter for abused animals.
Let us know how the poor fella is. And for what its worth I think you did a waaay cool thing.

Yeh it happens ray,same types throw concrete at kangaroos around here ,neolithic stuff.

It's incomprehensible to me that people can cause pain or harm to ANY living creature. The only exception would be when an animal needs to be euthed (I'd count that as harm, but for a good reason). I can't even kill a snail.

While I don't hold high hopes for the snake (hitting a PERSON in the spine with a golf club could kill them, let alone a snake), good on you for doing what you can to help him.

GUY's
good well i hope update
its moved little i put it under a hide when i got it home, but its sorta come outta that alittle its slow, but it is moving, so i have it in the dark, heat lamp on nice n warm, n its quiet,
fingers crossed its ok, hope its agood sign

its about 6ft slim and a beautiful colour carpet, so i hope its not hurt bad

Great work ray.......may karma be a biatch to those little brats. Maybe u should have taken Charlie with u for a "show and tell" session.

Makes my blood boil.......:evil: x 1,000

yep stars from me... lots and lots of these little stars *********! Hope it pulls through

Guy's
grwat news i hope, n i hope its not me being excited, been on msn wiff a friend talking bout it was so freaking upset, n checking it on n orf
it came out of hide sorta n juss lay under heat, couldnt see any visable signs on him her,
then juss checked again

and it was out totally under heat lamp, looks to be an indentation in the middle of its back not massive, so im hoping to watch to see if it moves freely or nots,
so really happy it came out, not sure if the damage is serious or not, but pleased so pleased thus far :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to believe that people find joy in killing and harming animals, if anything those people are the animals :(

Shame you couldn't run them down to show them what it feels like to be hit.

Gah. I really hate that saying (the only good snake is a dead snake).

I also hate that violence against animals seems to be acceptable in some circles, and that there is very little punishment for those caught doing it.

There was a story (briefly mentioned) on my local news today, about a Joey that was found struggling to climb out of a damn after its tail had been severed. It breaks my heart that this poor little creature had to endure such pain and fear before being put out of its misery by the police. Who knows how long it had been struggling to save itself. It also maddens me that some kids are probably off somewhere having a good laugh about it.

Maybe if the law actually got serious about punishing people for this violence it wouldn't happen half as much.

My brother recently went up North (W.A) on a camping trip with his mates (Cervantes area)

One of his friends saw a snake and decided he would 'save their campsite' and kill it. The story told was a good 20 mins of his mate chasing it around with a stick, and once he got the opportunity he bludgeoned it to death with a stick. Was a lot of writhing around. I called up my brothers mate and gave him a lashing, told him I'd report his stupid face next time he wants to be a hero.

As said, it's pretty screwed up. Snakes are beautiful animals. It only takes a pane of glass for most people to realize that-- some people aren't given the opportunity or are just too ignorant to care. Shame.

Last edited:
How is the snake now?
Poor thing, I love carpets, they are such awesome snakes(even if it was a crazy cobra, I still wouldnt want it to get hurt. Also I love Cobra's so this is not a wack at them, just saying.)
Hope he/she gets better, please keep us updated :)

Ok its been about an hour n half now n im pleased to say its totally out n under the heat lamp, wat looks to be a indentation near its back isnt as noticeable as it was, and its completely coiled up, so im hoping thats a good sign, its a beautiful lookin little carpet, so fingers crossed all will be well, i shall put a piccie of it up shortly, so so relieved :)

should i do anything else, it has water, does not need food :) i have popped the heat up to 35 is that ok, higher or lower? and anyone think of anything else i would need to do, right now its chilling under the heat it is alert n its head is responsive when i approach :)

woooot wooooot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back