some people

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why is this country so full of redneck ********(can't swear mods don't like it but it's okay to abuse and threaten people)???????????????

My brother recently went up North (W.A) on a camping trip with his mates (Cervantes area)

One of his friends saw a snake and decided he would 'save their campsite' and kill it. The story told was a good 20 mins of his mate chasing it around with a stick, and once he got the opportunity he bludgeoned it to death with a stick. Was a lot of writhing around.

I called up my brothers mate and gave him a lashing, told him I'd report his stupid face next time he wants to be a hero.

I watched something on TV the other day, just sitting there with my snake, I flicked it over a few animal channels(Foxtel) and there was this stunning Boa(I will not say what the show was as some people will like this show :/) Anyway, I was watching this stupid guy harrass this snake, it was doing its own bussiness and wanted to go on its way. This guy harrassed it some more then got a stick and held its head with the stick while he bludgened it to death, I was in total shock and couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. He held it up by the tail and was quite pleased with himself... he probably ate it afterwards...

Take it to a vet for a once-over before release (or further examination in general)
Not sure about the protocol of saving animals and all that jazz, good luck to ya. Hope all's well in time to come

Ok its been about an hour n half now n im pleased to say its totally out n under the heat lamp, wat looks to be a indentation near its back isnt as noticeable as it was, and its completely coiled up, so im hoping thats a good sign, its a beautiful lookin little carpet, so fingers crossed all will be well, i shall put a piccie of it up shortly, so so relieved :)

should i do anything else, it has water, does not need food :) i have popped the heat up to 35 is that ok, higher or lower? and anyone think of anything else i would need to do, right now its chilling under the heat it is alert n its head is responsive when i approach :)

woooot wooooot

Thats great, hopefully he pulls through for you :)
Good on you mate

Good on ya mate! As you know You have done a awesome thing :D

Do you think you will keep it for a few day just to make sure its all sweet, give it a good feed and so on?
Do you have a place in mind where you will release the fella?

Guy's
here is the lovely little fella
the first pic im not sure if it shows it, but there is a slight dent in the body this was not as bad as when i bought it home, and the second pic is literally where he is now coiled up, so thats gotta be a good sign hey :)
DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

not sure if anyone saw the COPS on channel one tonight, made me upset as hell, 2 police got called out to a home where a snake was reported on the porch, n when they got there, couldnt see it lady was mental screaming so they see it on roof looked liek a boa nice snake it was coming down so the lady police officer maces it, snake recoils up again, another police officer comes onto the scene n snake now is hanging down off the roof part big agro n he gets batton out n clubs its head, kills it, they throw it in the bin job done, i was devistated :(

Good on ya mate! As you know You have done a awesome thing :D

Do you think you will keep it for a few day just to make sure its all sweet, give it a good feed and so on?
Do you have a place in mind where you will release the fella?
im not sure about feeding it, but will definately see how it goes through the night, hopefully not shocked or anything, and where it was found is a tonne of bush i pressume the poor bugger was hunting or cruising when the idiots found it, i will hopefully put it back there well into the tree's its a heap of scrub

:) feelin much better now :) happy it looks chilled hopefully not premature :)

Last edited:
wow @ cops episode.

Macing an animal!?

For any reason is f'd

Last edited:
Thats a lovely looking snake,and you are doing a wonderful thing. When i was reading these posts i was thinking of massive body injury etc,but looking at those pics you posted eases the mind. I wouldnt be surprised if you held onto it a few days just to make sure all is well before releasing.

when i got the call, i wasnt sure wat to expect, n got there it was dark so placed it straight into a pillow case, n home, he looked ok all over bar a couple of dents, so fingers crossed

is there a number i can call tomorrow that can look at him, or juss let him go if he looks good???
wats the options

good job mate grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to the ppl that did this!!!is that better mods

He is a really nice looking carpet, well done again on looking after him and taking the time to go and get him. It's nice to still hear of things like this being done :)

is there a number i can call tomorrow that can look at him, or juss let him go if he looks good???
wats the options

If I was in your shoes I'd probably take him to a vet/reptile vet get him looked over get the OK then give him a feed pack his suitcase and send him on his way.

Last edited:
soon as i know he she is cool straight back to the bushlands i near where i found it :)

heaps of goood scrub :)

happy he seems good now thanks guys

when i got the call, i wasnt sure wat to expect, n got there it was dark so placed it straight into a pillow case, n home, he looked ok all over bar a couple of dents, so fingers crossed

wats the options

do you have "wires " up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back