show us your crocs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas i've posted all of those photos several times plus more on this forum in the past year. There has never been an issue before and a lot of people enjoyed the pictures and me sharing my experiences, that most people never have, with crocodiles. Slateman decided the second picture was innapropriate so he took it down, which is all good. He's obviously decided for whatever reason that the other pictures are all good so he's left them where they are. I didn't post the first two to cause a stir, the third was a bit of a dig at citrus/jesus being a little senstitive. Especially when some of his previous posts are considered.

I post photo's like that to remind people what these animals are. They are the words biggest reptile predator, there is no predator on the land that can grow bigger than a saltie. Which the majority of saltie and freshie owners seem to forget. They grow to be extremely big and dangerous predators, far more dangerous than any ven. The two crocs i posted were not shot for 'traditional' purposes, they were shot because they were eating peoples dogs and trying to eat people.

And who the hell is batanga?
yer ok great you have had these experience but this thread WAS for showing off peoples pets and if you want to show off this stuff then go for it but how about you start your own thread and not disturb people without warning. i personally think that posting it on this thread wasnt cool, but sure maybe for another one!

Thomas i've posted all of those photos several times plus more on this forum in the past year. There has never been an issue before and a lot of people enjoyed the pictures and me sharing my experiences, that most people never have, with crocodiles. Slateman decided the second picture was innapropriate so he took it down, which is all good. He's obviously decided for whatever reason that the other pictures are all good so he's left them where they are. I didn't post the first two to cause a stir, the third was a bit of a dig at citrus/jesus being a little senstitive. Especially when some of his previous posts are considered.

I post photo's like that to remind people what these animals are. They are the words biggest reptile predator, there is no predator on the land that can grow bigger than a saltie. Which the majority of saltie and freshie owners seem to forget. They grow to be extremely big and dangerous predators, far more dangerous than any ven. The two crocs i posted were not shot for 'traditional' purposes, they were shot because they were eating peoples dogs and trying to eat people.

And who the hell is batanga?

I've got a legit question...

You and Steve NT seem to think a croc should be put down if it has attacked dogs, humans or whatever. Obviously you believe that it might do it again...

Aren't you two of the opinion that crocs are opportunistic and won't actually seek out humans/dogs for a feed, they just have a snack on anything unfortunate enough to venture into their path?

I can cop killing a croc for food, but as far as dangerous crocs are concerned, I think they are just one good reason to stay out of the water. I don't agree with a shark being hunted because it has killed, nor do I agree with it when it comes to crocs, snakes, bears, or even (yes, here I go) domesticated dogs.

Just asking.

Yes and no.

I like crocs and i like having them around. People shouldn't go walking through swamps and billabongs, that is asking for trouble and i wouldn't advocate shooting a croc in those situations.

But there has to be a balance between human activity and a crocs right to survive. Crocs do actively hunt people, if there is an area that people frequent pretty often a croc will see them as a feed. There's two things you can do in these situations, one is to scare them and the other is to remove them. Scaring them is usually done by shooting them with bird shot at close range and removing them is eitehr killing them or trapping and sending them to a farm. These two particular crocs were being aggressive toward people in places where we like to go fishing and one was only 50m from houses and a school. Crocs do come out of the water at night and hunt on land, that's just too dangerous imo. Those crocs had to go to keep people safe.

Not all the crocs that are around here are shot, there's thousands of them. Any afternoon of the week you'll see 20 people fishing at the billabong and you'll see the same number of crocs. Just chilling out not causing anyone any grief, they aren't touched at all. The same as a few places in kakadu and around Darwin, there's places where you'll be fishing on the bank 20m from a 4m saltie (often you won't know it's there) and it won't bat an eyelid at you because they are either scared of people or are so well fed from fish that they don't need or want to eat you. But occasionally you'll get one that turns and either attacks a boat, car or a person. Then that animal has to go. Any persons life is worth more than any animal, no exceptions.

I've got a legit question...

You and Steve NT seem to think a croc should be put down if it has attacked dogs, humans or whatever. Obviously you believe that it might do it again...

Aren't you two of the opinion that crocs are opportunistic and won't actually seek out humans/dogs for a feed, they just have a snack on anything unfortunate enough to venture into their path?

I can cop killing a croc for food, but as far as dangerous crocs are concerned, I think they are just one good reason to stay out of the water. I don't agree with a shark being hunted because it has killed, nor do I agree with it when it comes to crocs, snakes, bears, or even (yes, here I go) domesticated dogs.

Just asking.

Fair enough. It would be an awesome experience to be sharing a river bank with crocs whilst fishing.

I post photo's like that to remind people what these animals are. They are the words biggest reptile predator, there is no predator on the land that can grow bigger than a saltie.
ok i can agree with some of your points there but why is there a need to post the photos of it being skinned and the other one of it being chopped up i think that it could have been left with the big croc just tied up showing the size comparison

as others have said i wouldnt have a problem with any of the photos if they where in a thread of their own but it really wasn't a picture that i expected to see when i clicked on this thread i don't want this to turn into a back and forth argument so im just going to leave it at this , maybe just make another thread for it next time that way people know what there about to see cheers

ill just add that i never really had a that much of a problem with the fact that you had shot it (although i don't really like it) , just that you went and posted photos in this thread

Last edited:
the third was a bit of a dig at citrus/jesus being a little senstitive. Especially when some of his previous posts are considered.

mate its nice to hear you think of me as jesus :oops: but i dont see how thinking that an animal should still be shown respect even once dead is being senstitive? and as for your problem with my posts about you in other threads, you can pm me if you have a problem. but you putting up those photos in this thread about pet crocs just goes to show you just need the attention......

mate its nice to hear you think of me as jesus :oops: but i dont see how thinking that an animal should still be shown respect even once dead is being senstitive? and as for your problem with my posts about you in other threads, you can pm me if you have a problem. but you putting up those photos in this thread about pet crocs just goes to show you just need the attention......

Lol, i'm not sure if you remember but just incase others don't follow that is what you called yourself until you changed your name to something a little more bitter.

If we want to talk about respect for the animals i'll go back to the original point of posting the first picture. These animals can grow to 1000kg, live for a hundred years and are one of the most efficient predators on the planet. What do the majority of croc keepers think they are going to with them once they out grow the 6ft fish tank they are living in? Just look at the pictures in this thread, crocboy's larger croc is showing the results of being housed in an enclosure that was too small for it (stunted and upturned snout). I'm not saying that crocboy husbandry was the cause of this deformity, but it certainly is deformed.

There's two options for crocs that outgrow their fishtank, one is to build a dedicated facility to housing a large crocodile. Which the majority of people can't or won't do. They are expensive and require a lot of space and in southern states sometimes require standalone rooms/buildings and significant heating.

Second option is to send them back to a croc farm, where they are usually euthed before they even reach the croc facilities and are turned into hand bags, if they have no scars, or discarded.

Does that show the animal respect citrus? Whereas the animals i pictured lived longer than most crocs do in the wild (and i would argue in captivity too), contributed to the environment and were then eaten and used for education once they were deemed an unacceptable risk to human life. Which of the above shows the animal more respect? So there's a steel in the bullet hole on one animal, seriously if you find that disrespectful in comparison to the above then meh, Slatey took the pic down anyway.

I'm looking forward to more attention from you cause that is what i live for. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
had the top off getting out uneaten food and the frog jumped off the wall behind and into the tank... i really wasnt thrilled at the idea of it eating it but hey... i wasnt going to try and remove it from his mouth!!
anywho, he snapped it up straight away... im sorry if iv offended :oops:

Talk about a thread hijack :rolleyes:

Can we please see some more pics of folks pet crockodiles.... with thier heads still attached:rolleyes: That is what this thread was started for!

I for one thought the pics were pretty cool, get over it.
Would like to see some more pictures of captives and hear about the growth rates that you guys have them at? From my understanding you can feed them very little to keep them at a smaller size, (some would say that is cruel, but it's more reminiscent of a wild situation with feeding aperiodically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back