rbb hatchie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
exellent species,BTW there not hatchies cause they dont hatch dude lol there live born,but they do get born live in membranous sacs which they break free from within minutes to hours,ive watched them still wriggling free 24hrs after birth

Have actually seen a RBB spread across the road and there were still a couple of small wrigglers. She must have been close to dumping the bundle before she got run over. Pity cos she had a very bright red belly.

It's a pity, but i recon it's a sport down here in Mex - who can run over/ skid over the most snakes. Because we only have Vens down south most of the population believe a good snake is a dead snake. Hardly anyone I know sees the beauty and gracefullness, just a killing machine.

Cute lil bugger! I, like you, prefer the jet black rbbs, never been a much of fan of brown noses particularly the human variety :p But first some more adders, then some of these guys :lol:

Ha ha. Thought you'd be used to them up gippsland way:D

I have only ever seen one while fishing... My mate and I almost stood on it.
Lucky it moved, cause I seen it move and turned into a ninja and pushed my mate away from the snake, winding him in the process.
His foot was just about to go down on it's tail... No word of a lie. It just looked at us...

Much easier to handle as an adult. In vic all we do is apply for an advanced license, $160 odd, and your on your way. Smart move is to get some experience with vens, or do a handling course first. Only takes one quick tag to make you a sick puppy, or worse:D.

oh ok i thought you had to do a course, is here a certain time you have to have your "normal" licence before it

cheers

exellent species,BTW there not hatchies cause they dont hatch dude lol there live born,but they do get born live in membranous sacs which they break free from within minutes to hours,ive watched them still wriggling free 24hrs after birth

there neonates right?

Last edited:
So cute! But I don't think I'll ever hold or keep a highly venomous snake :) Iv held a crowned snake before and I wouldn't want to hold anything more venomous. I'm too much of a chicken haha.

I'd trust a Rbb not to bite more than I'd trust most pythons. keep handling it and when it's six foot it will be calm and relaxed.

Looks heaps good mate
How'd u go at feeding it ?
Thanks all. At the moment he's a fish addict. Feeding pinkies he's temperemental. Eats every 3rd day. 3-4 platty's. Feeding off long tweezers or a drop in. Turns his nose up at danio's though! Bit fussy/sookie:D

update pics ?
He hasn't changed much, but when I get a chance, I'll put some up.

My boy must be a tad over 4ft, somewhere around there, maybe bigger (I can't be bothered measuring him). He's always been flighty, but never bitey (if that makes sense) He's also one snake that I have that seems to have plenty of spirit. There's a mutual respect between him and myself, and I sort of can't be bothered trying to take that spirit out of him :)

Mine is exactly the same as yours moose,

Never strikes but is always flying around, he makes any python look like a stick at the speed he goes lol.

Deffiantly my fav species to keep

Moose, my big girl is very flighty, but not bitey, around the 4ft mark too. Same size male is pretty cruzy though. Hatchies I find to always be skittish but not aggressive. Like you said Scorps, def. my fav species to keep:D HAVING SAID THIS, ALL VENEMOUS SNAKES REACT DIFFERENTLY UNDER DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES AND SHOULD ONLY BE HANDLED BY A COMPETENT HANDLER. P.S, Moose, don't ever take the spirit out of him, there more enjoyable that way;D

hehehe when I put him in a plastic tub when I'm cleaning out his enclosure, amidst all the huffing and puffing, it looks like I'm trying to contain a black, scaled form of lightning. He's going for it :lol: I got wise in the end and placed a nice large towel over the top so I didn't have him stressing out too much by seeing my movements whilst walking back and forth to his enclosure. For anyone else in there watching me, he can appear quite intimidating. Drop him out in the backyard and you'd think you were a sitting duck....yet again, there he is again, the "master of bluff" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back