Keeping 2 Snakes in the same enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

balthazar

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My partner and i are looking at getting another Bredli. We have a male ATM and want to get a female to breed down the track. Just want to know how well they go together in the same enclosure and what are your experienceis in doing so

Last edited:
Nobody can answer with 100% certainty.

Just because someone has had no problems doesn't mean you wont.
Just because someone has problems, doesn't mean you will.

IF you want to breed, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

im currently keeping both my bredli together both yearlings male and female with no problems! there in a 4x2x2 but we they get abit older ill be seperating! just makes sure u keep them full and feed seperatly!

What Josh has said is true,different cases end up differently because not all snakes are the same. Some may be more dominant than other etc.

From what i have read up on APS though, keeping two snakes together is not encouraged since some snakes take dominance and will take over the prime basking spot in the tank, leaving the other sometimes stressed to the point of no eating. The main concern is however, if you do not feed or snakes well enough (you may think you are but they may feel hungry all of a sudden) then they can eat each other and may both die as a result.

These are the reasons that i know of as to why you should not keep your snakes together but i am no pro so some breeders may say i'm wrong and by all means take their word for it but as i said this is the info i have gathered from APS forums.

Oh also, if you wanted to breed them it's supposedly more successful if you separate your snakes untill they are ready to breed. :D hope i helped in some way and GL with the other bredli, these snakes are awsome

two weeks ago i put my male black and white with the other black and white male and i have had no problems

Attachments

• 155427_400699379953203_100000394342348_1273952_1792101892_n.jpg
    155427_400699379953203_100000394342348_1273952_1792101892_n.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back