Who has the right to name the place Buyer/Seller.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who has the right to name the meeting place to do a transaction.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonboy69

Reaction score
I'm just curious to no that if you were to sell a reptile. Who has the right to name the meeting place buyer or seller. If buyer calls and asks to see and go ahead with the sale who should make the call for the place you as the buyer. Or you as the seller. I would like to no your opinions. I think seller has the right first to name a place.

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't expect the supermarket staff to meet me up the road for my shopping because it's more convenient for me. If I want to buy something I'll travel to where the animal is located or where the sellers wants me to be. If I'm not willing I'm sure they'll find someone else to buy.

In a situation though, as a seller, if I was DESPERATE to sell a specific item I would happily let the buyer choose a place as long as it was convenient for us both.

Seller. If the buyer genuinely wants it they'll go where the seller wants. I'd imagine if the buyer got to choose, with the ammount of tyrekickers and dreamers it would be quite frustrating.

The seller makes the decision where the sale takes place. Buyer doesn't get much of a choose in my opinion. If they want it they meet the seller at the time and place the seller said, too bad otherwise.

I would have thought mutually agreed and convenient place.

I agree with disintegratis. By mutual agreement. Some people with lots of nice/expensive/rare snakes do not want 'possible buyers' to know thier address and what they have (that isnt for sale) Easy for a tyre kicker to ask to see the spotted you are advertising.... then shortly afterwards you come home to find your whole collection stolen. Some sellers prefer to meet and exchange goods away from thier home address.

Generally the seller names the spot ;)

I don't take reptiles out for people to just 'have a look' and then decide, so once I am out the door I don't mind where I have to go to make sure the critter gets to it's new home safe and sound. Likewise I usually deliver frozen rats to people if they ask me to. I like driving :)

I agree with disintegratis. By mutual agreement. Some people with lots of nice/expensive/rare snakes do not want 'possible buyers' to know thier address and what they have (that isnt for sale) Easy for a tyre kicker to ask to see the spotted you are advertising.... then shortly afterwards you come home to find your whole collection stolen. Some sellers prefer to meet and exchange goods away from thier home address.

Generally the seller names the spot ;)

I think your both right but nsw need all licence detas including adress so that would be silly not to wantthem to know where the animals are kept only to find out when you did the transaction

I usually write 'as per DERM records' instead of my address. I am not giving out my address to random strangers. Especially ones with an interest in my reptile collection :D If I had a big secure house it may be different.
DERM have never kicked up a fuss.

I don't take reptiles out for people to just 'have a look' and then decide, so once I am out the door I don't mind where I have to go to make sure the critter gets to it's new home safe and sound. Likewise I usually deliver frozen rats to people if they ask me to. I like driving :)

Can i get a frozen rat of ya i live in Windsor NSW

I think your both right but nsw need all licence detas including adress so that would be silly not to wantthem to know where the animals are kept only to find out when you did the transaction

You only need suburb not actual address

As a buyer I always want to see the environment the animal comes from but if the seller/breeder doesn't want a strange looking at their collection I full understand. The only thing I would say to sellers is if you choose a place to make the transaction make sure it is well lit. I recently bought a snake from someone were I was offered two different animals one was a classic and the other was stripped but the stripped was 4 times more expensive then the classic so I choose the classic which was a very nice animal anyway.
Due to the poor lighting at the sellers chosen transaction point both of us hadnt realised that he had given me the stripped for the classic price. Needless to say I was a very happy buyer but I offered to swap it over when I realised but the seller had to pick it up from me which was all to hard for him.

Yea I suppose it's like the saying you want something so bad you got to go and get it. It doesn't just fall into your lap does it lol.

Likewise I usually deliver frozen rats to people if they ask me to. I like driving :)

You like driving around SEQ?

You're mad!!!!

I love driving, but around south east queensland I hate it with a passion, so many arrogant and very poor drivers, and sooooo much traffic.

I'd prefer the Bruce highway everyday to SEQ :lol:

Also, as per the orginal question, seller, it's their reptile until they hand it over and receive payment, that's like driving your car somewhere for a potential buyer, just isn't practical or usually done.

I'm just curious to no that if you were to sell a reptile. Who has the right to name the meeting place buyer or seller. If buyer calls and asks to see and go ahead with the sale who should make the call for the place you as the buyer. Or you as the seller. I would like to no your opinions. I think seller has the right first to name a place.

I'd agree that the seller should name the meeting place as not everyone wants people knowing their home address,but in some instances a compromise can be made

the OEH in NSW only wants suburb,not full address

Last edited:
I usually write 'as per DERM records' instead of my address. I am not giving out my address to random strangers. Especially ones with an interest in my reptile collection :D If I had a big secure house it may be different.
DERM have never kicked up a fuss.

That's a good one Ingie... must remember and use that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back