Why is it addictive?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it's the uniqueness.. Both the animal and the hobyist! You don't see many people keeping reptiles and reptiles are unlike any other pet!

Reps are like fire and ice - they can be just so gentle and graceful and then BANG - power on and smash a rat.

And all the other benifits to make the greatest pets - no noise, no smell, take up very little room and you don't have to feed them often.

They are gorgeous? And there's so many to choose from! Once you have one, you want more!

For me I feel it is the uniqueness of them in comparison to the usual pet, the "old world" feel/look about them. Their elegance and gracefulness when they move, the sense of mystery that surrounds them. I actually feel privileged that my reptiles allow me to handle them I have the utmost respect for my snakes and find the more I learn about one species the more I want to keep and learn about another :) I started with one 12 months ago and now have 6, they certainly are addictive :D

I find them absolutely mesmerizing, i like how snakes look fierce but they're so calm and relaxed (with some exceptions >.<)

We are the people who love them. We are the ones who see their great beauty.

Cause as said above they are completely different. I take mine onto the front lawn all the time and anyone walking past is always amazed at them..whether it be my little 2 1/2 foot stimmies or the 'almost' 7 foot bredli, people love them and always stop to have a chat and a pat :) Plus I reckon its also cause they are an amazing pet to watch. You can go a day without paying them attention (if you have the right set up-timers lights etc) and they are (in a sense) easy animals to look after. Plus holding a snake is a hell of a lot cooler then walking a dog :p

Haha the passion is consuming but once you've had too many to look after at once: buying the ones you want, people giving them to you, rescued ones, hatchlings everywhere, working with them as a job..... it can quickly get all a little too much! I downsized my collection a couple of times and this last time was the last time, now I have just a modest collection of a few I love to have, care for properly and thats it.... no second job to do when I get home from work :) For many of you this is something you will have to learn for yourselves.

When I look in the eyes of my snakes, they seem to be looking as well, with equal interest. It is like they are thinking too.... not like a fluffy pet that has learned how to get your attention..... I think (with me anyway) it is almost like the snakes are master and I am the fluffy pet they have taught to get my attention :lol:

I like snakes because I reckon they are prolly just as smart as us in alot of ways..... I also believe that when humans finally do something stupid and wipe themselves out.... snakes will always be there as they have been for eva :)

its like folk whom collect stamps,although not as boring, as ours move and do stuff
Am grateful I dont have to lick my snakes rofl...... oh wait you dont have to lick collector stamps either hmmmmm
stamps dont bite! ohhh heck I never want to collect stamps, snakes win tails down :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back