Unwell Central Netted Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Possum

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, it has been sometime since I have come on and said hello. New baby and job and world of warcraft, you know how it is :p

Anyway back to the subject at hand, I have a 7 yr old Central Netty that has a hole in his side just in front of his back leg. I am not sure what has caused it, but I have noticed that he is hoarding his mealworms so whether or not those guys have taken a munch on him or not I am unsure. I have called the Vet but they can't book us in until later this afternoon as a walk in, does anyone have suggestions on how I can treat this or should I just leave him alone, I have cleared out his enclosure and I will feed him greens for now.

Any suggestions welcome.

hi, first off - another girl that loves reptiles and WoW?? awesome!
secondly, sorry that your little fella is hurt! I'm not sure how you should treat that besides taking him to the vet as you've planned to do. I'm impressed, however, that he's 7 - I don't know if I'm just reading old material but I've heard that 7 is quite old for a central netted (i have a 3 year old and have been told he's middle aged and will only live another 2-3 years). So you must be doing a good job with him! Have you kept netteds before? Do they live beyond 6 or 7? I'm just wondering what to expect with my boy.

It's great you're taking him to the vet later on today. In the meantime, keep him warm and quiet. Good luck.

It's great you're taking him to the vet later on today. In the meantime, keep him warm and quiet. Good luck.

Thanks Kristy :)

Hi Icarus, yep a girlie WoW player and I have a few reptiles and I also have a few Giant Burrowers.
I got my Central Netties as babies in 2005 (September), I later found out they were both males, so one of them went to a breeder and he is loving it apparently and has helped have a few hatches hehe. I kept this fella as he has his own cheeky personality. He eats bochoy and dandelion flowers and mealworms and crickets but he is a bit slower these days so I think I will stick more to his greenery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back