Kritters Crumble- pro's & con's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the stuff.
It is quite moist though so thats fine for the darwins, but it stays wet in cool parts of an enclosure though it dries out on top.The other good thing is that I recycle it through my rodents and then onto the garden. Its great.

I've had people tell me the fine grade one is terrible etc to the point that 'it almost killed my snake!' as they feed wet, thawed out rodents on it and it sticks to the prey item, snakes ingest it etc. I've also been told that it 'the fine fibres stick into my womas scales, it hurts your animals'.
However, I use it personally on my pythons without a problem, the fibres do occaisionally stick in between the belly scales of the snakes, however fall out again if brushed off or rubbed off as the snake moves about its enclosure. I also feed my snakes on the substrate, only i towel dry the thawed rodents and feed them on a small containers lid to reduce the amount stuck to the rodent. The snake tends to rub its face after swallowing the food on branches etc and if it ingests any its minimal. I'm sure they ingest soil/small bark in the wild with minimal effect also?

G'day well I just put the coarse crumble in 3 of my tanks and non of my pythons will touch the stuff!? They are all hangen out on top I there hides. One of them went for a short slither but with his head razed up and quickly got off the stuff.
They better bloody like it. I'll give it 24 hrs till I change it to aspen.

As long as you dry the food properly the kritter crumble won't stick. It's natural and doesn't expand in the stomach. Looks great and is easy to spot clean. I Havnt had a problem with moisture at all only in the click clack id probably stick with paper towel.
But other then that it's awesome

Last edited:
i dont use it as yet but i plan to get some for my BHP enclosure on wednesday.....ive found it at repttile city aswell as gully reptile centa......

Last time I checked their site, it said there was a store in Northmead, Liverpool and I think the North Shore somewhere.

There's stores in St Leonards and Chatswood (north shore) that stock it

How often do people replace the whole lot??

Personally I spot clean weekly and do a complete clean out every 6 to 8 weeks

i dont use it as yet but i plan to get some for my BHP enclosure on wednesday.....ive found it at repttile city aswell as gully reptile centa......

Yeah BHP will love the stuff my woma seems to really enjoy burrowing through it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back