my not so little, little spotted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pretzels

Reaction score
thought id put some updated pictures of pretzels up cuz..well i can.. hehe. atm hes currently gone down to a mates place in brissy to get some handling experience and im going to follow and get some lessons in how to properly look after and handle him because even tho iv read so much info and you guys have been really helpful with your advice i still have no confidence picking him up and it was really starting to get to me and him.
lesson learnt- always go through a breeder and choose an animal YOU want not anyone else. justin and pretzels.jpg the picture of him on justins hand was taken tonight. after he gets over his cage protectiveness hes apparently a little sookie snake :p goes to show how well they react when they are being help by someone who knows what their doing!

Attachments

• pretzels eating.jpg
    pretzels eating.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 28th.jpg
    28th.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 282.jpg
    282.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 124
  • egg shell.jpg
    egg shell.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 128
  • rollie.jpg
    rollie.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 134
  • sook.jpg
    sook.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 131
It's good to hear ur getting some experience. I think I might too. :)

You shouldn't worry, most of the little fellas are very defensive. I know mine is. But after striking two or three times n realizing I'm not going to hurt him his a sook too. I hope that with a bit more size he will get better... But good luck :)

thanks! i never managed to get him to calm down when he was out of his enclosure because it was stressful to get him out. but hes doing really great with my friends. going down to see him next weekend. excited to see him. missed his agro self.

just got my morning update. pretzels is peeing and pooping on everyone but hes doing really great! justin can get him out of his enclosure with no striking and he is really happy to explore or just chill with them when hes out. i cant wait to go and see him next weekend!!!

Last edited:
absolutely devastated. found out this morning that im going to loose my snake due to the selfishness of my previous best friend. last night with him tomorrow before she takes him away from me :(

determined to not loose my new hobby, im going to look into getting a coastal or woma.
nothing will replace my baby tho :(

Thats terrible Beck? Whose licence is pretzels on?

A mate in Landsborough has some coastal hatchies (about 4 months old) for sale. PM me if you want details?

Sorry to hear this news :(

absolutely devastated. found out this morning that im going to loose my snake due to the selfishness of my previous best friend. last night with him tomorrow before she takes him away from me :(

determined to not loose my new hobby, im going to look into getting a coastal or woma.
nothing will replace my baby tho :(

Arghh ***?? Is this the guy u sent him down too? Is he keeping it? Confused. I hope u sort it all out!! Sometimes life is tough, least u know you got some confidence in handling him n wil help with ur next pet. Sorry bout your Loss :(

no no no justin and leanne who have been working with him are being great. atm pretzels is on my 'friends' license because for some strange reason when she bought him for me for my bday she put herself as the owner...at the time i didnt think anything of it i regret it sooo much now. i have my license and was just waiting for my book thing to sign him over to me when she decided she wanted him for i dun even no why reasons! justin has offered to sign him onto his but this person is being an absolute trog.

i have to give him to my older sister on thursday so she can take him back. spent most of the day in tears because i was finally getting over the irrational fears i had and was getting up the courage to hold him properly and for more then 5 seconds and then bam he has been taken.
he is the reason i am no longer scared and i love him to death.

Tell her to get stuffed and keep pretzels. Buy another hatchie like pretzels and give her the new one so you can keep pretzels ;)

Arent I devious Bbwwaaahehehehehehahahahahaha

So, basically your BF bought you a snake for your birthday and now that you are no longer talking she wants her gift to you back??

Perhaps you could point on the fact to her that it is illegal to let one of your animals live at any address other than the one on the licence that it is on and threaten to dob her in (only threaten of course. as you have also done the wrong thing by having the snake whilst he wasnt on your licence) to the relevant authority? it might scare her into saying she will transfer him?

Good luck hun, and either way I hope you continue to enjoy the hobby.

i did think of that but i wouldnt put it past her to dob justin in. she was meant to go down with pretzels and sign him over to justin but kept coming up with excuses as to why she couldnt and i wasnt allowed pretzels in the house anymore because mum was frightened he might hurt my goddaughter ( yer dunno how but thats her logic).

im absolutely devastated but im at the point where i would rather her out of my life even if it means i loose pretzels.
i plan on getting another snake asap. i already had plans to get a woma hatchie before all this started so now im just speeding them up.

I'm a bit confused. Sounds like a horrible situation. Possession is 9/10 of the law though in my opinion. If you have receipts from stores for food etc and maybe even some of the old sheds then I'd be having a go at proving that it's yours. If you have taken care of it from purchase date to present then maybe you could try to get 'custody' legally of the snake. I wouldn't give it up without a fight, especially if you can prove somehow that up until now you've done all the work to look after it. Perhaps they'll make an exception in your case if you ask nicely.

I guess you've learned a valuable lesson here. I just hope you can work it all out ok somehow. :?

I'm a bit confused. Sounds like a horrible situation. Possession is 9/10 of the law though in my opinion. If you have receipts from stores for food etc and maybe even some of the old sheds then I'd be having a go at proving that it's yours. If you have taken care of it from purchase date to present then maybe you could try to get 'custody' legally of the snake. I wouldn't give it up without a fight, especially if you can prove somehow that up until now you've done all the work to look after it. Perhaps they'll make an exception in your case if you ask nicely.

I guess you've learned a valuable lesson here. I just hope you can work it all out ok somehow. :?

Ring the authorities n exxon your situation, I'm sure they wil be able to give more advice, I remember reading a story on here about something similar, n once they honestly explained the situation to them, they got some really good advice. I knout situation sucks, but seriously give them a call, just explain that it was a gift, u were waiting for ur book etc. I'm sure they will be able to help!!

thanks guys, its not really about the legalities as such its more just wanting to be rid of the poison that was my best friend. picked him up tonight and i cannot believe how different he is, he is legit like a different snake! he is sooo calm and loves being out! he even sat with my brother for a good hour just watching him play video games. thats the first time anyone apart from my sister had held or even gone near pretzels and mum and my bro have both been gooing and gaaing over him since we got back. i hate to see him going but im so thankful that i had these last few months with him. he is a remarkable animal and im sure he is going to make his next owner very very happy. hes not even cage defensive any more he comes out no problem and loves 'cuddles'

my brother has asked for a snake now instead of his lizards and he wants one asap. i am absolutely over the moon that he is taking up my hobby with me.

Beck, just get another hatchie the same/similar size and do the paperwork. Then give this person the new hatchie and call pretzels the one you just bought. You get pretzels, she gets a hatchie...

Does anyone have a 4-5 month old mac like pretzels that Beck could buy asap? PM her if you can help?

Dont give up 'custody' of pretzels until you decide what to do ;) let her stress instead of you (for a change) :rolleyes:

Sounds like you can't be bothered trying to fight to keep him at all.

don't give up 'custody' of pretzels until you decide what to do ;) let her stress instead of you (for a change) :rolleyes:

+1 I totally agree, If u love your snake as much as u say u do, don't just give him up. It takes months for the authorities to work through these situations, so let her stress, let her deal with all that. Sounds to me like a childish "u have it I want it" n when they get it they don't want it anymore, so seriously I suggest, if u want him to be a happy snake, he should be with you!!

Dont let someone walk all over you like that!! Stand up and be confident in yourself!!

Sounds like you can't be bothered trying to fight to keep him at all.

its not that i cant be bothered. and without actualy knowing this person you guys cant really understand ( but i know your trying which is what counts :p )
and its not just me i have to think about. trust me i tried to keep him. my sister was on the phone raging to this persons bf because he swore he would never take the snake from me as he doesnt like them but now it seems at tho he is in it as much as her.

just imagine dealing with an 18 year old child who has all sorts of legal people on her side who will take her word for anything and make my life hell just because this person is bored..which is ultimately why she is taking pretzels..because she likes to cause drama. i know it sounds like im being over dramatic but i have seen her do it before.
its basically come down to two choices. i dont give him back and somehow sign him over to myself or justin without her knowing and have to put up with her and her actions...or i give in, give her what she wants, loose my boy but be rid of her for good.

i have no doubt she is going to sell him simply to get the money he is worth. so uh if you see a spotted python 5 months for sale on the sunny coast it might just be mine. he is an amazing little boy but does need someone who knows what their doing..hes not a great beginner snake ( but he was my beginner snake and i will love him forever for helping me overcome my fears)

Murray iv only got until tomorrow arvo to execute your plan lol.

iv been fighting with this person for too long about the stupidest things ( eg when she was moving her belonging from my house she found a few cats hairs on her fish tank...i have two cats that lived in that room before she moved in..hair was bound to be there.. but she kicked up a massive fuss and tried to say we were damaging her belongings and we wud have to pay for whatever damages there were) and im very much over it. she put my family thru hell and still is.

as of tomorrow i will be rid of her and her childish bull****. i fought long and hard for my baby, i have been fighting for him for a month with the only results being lies and more lies. iv spent countless nights in tears over making the decision to just give in but im tired of it. my family are tired of it. iv still got ppl who interact with her who have promised the pretzels will be looked after. i am not overly concerned about his welfare because i know with out a doubt that one way or another he will be looked after.

i know this is hard for some ppl but unless you have been thru this then please dont judge me and say i dont care for my animals. my animals are everything to me they are as much a part of my family as any of my siblings or parents. this is a hugely hard thing to have to do but i honestly believe it is the right thing.

Bugga.... oh well, you will have to get pretzels 2 asap :lol:

Sorry for your loss tho beck, but it is a small price to pay to be rid of that ....... person ;)

So, if anyone has a woma hatchie for sale, let beck Know :) I will keep a look out for one for you too beck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back