Montie Feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rissatimmy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of Montie (spotted python)
Thank you to all that help me understand his nature and ways im sure i will soon get t he hang of it!!!

f5.jpg

f4.jpg

22.jpg

Montie looks awsome!! I'm sure you'll get a hang of it soon but in the meantime ... ENJOY! ;)

Thanks you!! He had no troubles with feeding ;) and he did scoff 4 of the pinkys haha it did also take me 2 hours to come to the realisation that I was about to feed him for real haha<3
but he is a beautiful snake I was to scared to put the flash on why he was feeding I didn't wanna distract him I'll try to get better quality next time

No problems ;) wow 4 pinkys ... Hungry lil bugger isn't he haha but my advice would be to get him onto fuzzys, the fur makes it a lot more... I dunno if it's nutritionist but defiantly better for his digestion. If you have the leftover pinky you can finish them off so it won't go to waste but be sure to switch ASAP ;)

No problems ;) wow 4 pinkys ... Hungry lil bugger isn't he haha but my advice would be to get him onto fuzzys, the fur makes it a lot more... I dunno if it's nutritionist but defiantly better for his digestion. If you have the leftover pinky you can finish them off so it won't go to waste but be sure to switch ASAP ;)

You're right, but given Montie's age I'd be looking at medium to large mice at least. My 5 month old Childreni (who is nowhere near the size of Montie) is currently on 2 pinkies weekly, and as soon as the stocks run out he will be moving up to fuzzies.

Montie is on pinkie rats not mice if that's what your talking about Robson

Great to see you're having success. He's looking great. Keep up the good work! :D

I agree with Robson, get it on to large mice. IMO pinkies have very little nutrition value compared of that of a larger more developed rodent, there bones would be less calcified, muscle tissue not developed etc.. Also the fur will help with digestion.

Montie is on pinkie rats not mice if that's what your talking about Robson

Oh, the pics didn't look like pinky rats to me. Much too small, but yeah, pics can be deceiving. No, wait, in pic 3 - That's a pinky *rat*, really ?

Well im just assuming because on one of her other threads she was saying that Monty was 2 years old and a 2 year old spotted on pinkie mice just doesn't sound right but whatever ...

Well im just assuming because on one of her other threads she was saying that Monty was 2 years old and a 2 year old spotted on pinkie mice just doesn't sound right but whatever ...

Of course you're right that it doesn't sound right (hence the reason almost everyone has advised her to up the feeds), but look at those pics - Do they look like rats to you ?

If they are in fact rats then no, she should not be going back to mice, but rather upping to (at least) fuzzy rats.

the other post said born dec 2010 if i remember correctly,so less then 18 months old,just use up your pinky rats then next order get larger ones,so you only have to feed 1 or at most 2 per feeding,up sizing the rats as it grows

depends on its size,if its eating 4 pinkies then yes,lol,ideally 1 of size should suffice with out being to big of course

its like comparing a pack of tic tacs to a gobstopper

they all grow at different rates i guess,depending on how much there fed,could have been a slow starter with feeding,or just not overly power fed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back