Het????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dscot60

Reaction score
hey guys, i dont quite understand this het bussiness im a bit of a newbie here so all help will be appreciated, so lets say i have a pair of het for albino darwins, does this mean that if they breed they will produce a couple of albino offspring or what? its probably a stupid question but its playing with my head aha

cheers

yes it dose. they will "statistically" produce 1/4 albino the rest of your offspring will be 66% hets. saying this a snake cant be a percentage het, its either a het or normal but there is no way of telling if its a het or not.

i dont have a punnet sqaure but it would be a good idea to google one.
in this video he shows you punnet squares. Some VERY basic genetics info! - YouTube
dont worry about when he starts talking about co dominace that might confuse you. hope i could help even if i dont make much scene

if the pair are 100% het for albino they will produce 25% albino 25% normal and 50% will be 100% hets, but because you won't be able to tell the normals from the hets in the clutch they will be what is known as 66% het.
Check this link out it, it has simple genetics..

Designer Serpents Australia

Last edited:
^ yep what venomous said. you wont be able to tell the normals from the 100% hets. so all the ones that arnt albino will be 66% hets. trying not to get you confused.

So what would the percentage be if one is albino and the other 100% het?

Just remember its all probability so the percentages quoted are statistical chances, not guarantees.

I think what JP2 means is that you will get 50% Albino's and 50% (Normal looking) that will be called 100%Hets (ie. carry the Albino gene)

I think what JP2 means is that you will get 50% Albino's and 50% (Normal looking) that will be called 100%Hets (ie. carry the Albino gene)

No, they will all look normal and they will all carry the albino gene, so 100% hets. (in answer to albinoxnormal posted by kitarsha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back