midnight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
It's midnight and only about 14-16c outside. Too cold for pythons.
Or so I thought, just got back from relocating a python that caught and ate a brushtail possum.
Just goes to show I don't know much about these animals
(pics coming)

:) wow still eating must know a nice warm spot to diegest. My guess in a roof or behind a air conditioner

You'll see plenty of pythons eating during the winter when the days are still warmish. Like they are now. Even in the middle of winter, 11-2 o clock will get hot enough for most reptiles to digest, just not at the optimum level (like captivity or during summer)

Unlike captive pythons they don't get fed every 1-2 weeks and if they see something come pass them and they need the condition for breeding or to make it through the winter then they will take it.

We saw a Coastal take down a possum during June in 5 degrees temp at about 2am.

Love the pics Mark, Nice looking brushtail from what I can see of it to.
Its cold down here to but the sun has been shining for the last few days and Ive had a few calls to.

Love the pics Mark, Nice looking brushtail from what I can see of it to.
Ringtail
Its cold down here to but the sun has been shining for the last few days and Ive had a few calls to.
It's "cold" here too ( Different cold than the Victorian definition ) but I'm still getting callouts. Did a small-eyed last night. I don't think they will completely stop for the winter

BTW - I boxed the python rather than bag him because they often throw up if bagged in that condition. She was released less than five minutes after the photos

I was about to politely correct you :p Here's a pick of the coastal that was at my sisters house, that killed this in the newborn babies room and then fell from the top story house window to the floor!

185.jpg
Now that's a brushtail....

You guys are very lucky to get pythons up there. everything here seems to be full of venom lol. do you get alot of call out saying that there is a fat python on the back lawn and our terrier is missing??

All the snakes we keep outdoors including the jungles are still keen to feed. We also saw a huge Carpet eating a plover last week and my wife mentioned there was a massive Carpet dead on the side of the road that had eaten something a little oversized. I also noticed that our wild water dragon population are going nuts on the grass hoppers, guess the herps think it's business as usual.
i remember last June finding a half digested Kooka on our driveway I suspect that there was not enough consistent days above 24c to complete the Job.

You guys are very lucky to get pythons up there. everything here seems to be full of venom lol. do you get alot of call out saying that there is a fat python on the back lawn and our terrier is missing??

I remember finding a Carpet in bellair (check the spelling) NP 20 years ago I had also spoken to a herper back then who knew of 2 populations about an hour North of Adelaide CBD, not sure of the exact location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back