Brown tree snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gday all, just wanting to know a bit about these guys and if you can shoot me some sites that have good care info and stuff like that?? also if you could post pics of yours and your setups that would be great. cheers guys.

oh also are they a good gate way snake?? if ya get what i mean? cheers

There nice snakes can be bitey at times but once you get them out of the cage there ok.
I keep mine in an outdoor cage I like to go outside at night and watch them cruse around.
DSCF2138.jpg

DSCF2167.jpg

stunning little guy, has he tagged you? i understand they have rear fangs, do they pose any real danger at all?? thats a great outdoor.

Thanks mate i've never been tagged by a snake with out me letting it do so eg. babies, my freind got tagged by his and nothing happend thats not to say it won't.
I don't want to jinx my self because I now keep elapids but I have been taged by a beared dragon by surprise lol.
I think you should try not to get bitten by any of them and if you do just get your self checked out just in case.
cheers Jason.

Gorgous snake..Outdoor enclosure looks great..Question I hear not to use wire mesh as they rub their noses raw on it..What do you think. Just curious as I would love to have a setup like yours.
..Cheers Cloe..

I think you would only have an issue from the rear fangs if it got your finger down its mouth lol!

I use to keep these and they are great! I kept mine indoors and found they could be abit smelly sometimes if ya miss a clean up lol. I use to get tagged all the time and nothing ever happened to me? bare in mind the ones that use to but me i use to feed them in their tubs so they prob thought i was food lol.... these were my gateway to elapids but work got in the way so never made it that far lol!

I used to keep several, but now only keep one.

Imo they are very easy animals to keep. I always hear of people talking about feeding them fish and stuff like that, mine have always eaten defrosted rodents.

Some bite and some don't just like pythons, I keep them how you would a jungle

The biggest difference is there just alot more active.

Ben

As for biting, I have bee bitten by some decent size ones and never had a problem (the big ones look like there chewing on you)

But I can't talk for others when it comes to there venom

If you are worried about the bite.
Just keep in mind that generally you have to let them chew on you to get envenomed.
Also the venom has never killed anyone, but people have been sent to hospital. Venom reacts differently to everyone.

thanks everyone for your input. I think im keening up quite abit. started with just dragons and no snakes and i was never getting any, then i got a small pygmy stimmi but no big snakes ever, then got a albino darwin but never any vens... hmmm im terrible at rules..

Forget the chewing aspect, the blighters have flip-top heads and will get you with those back fangs in a flash. That said, generally it's no big deal. Unless of course you become anaphylactic to their venom- then you're dead! ;)

Thanks coastal-love, i've never had a problem if there happy and well fed I think it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back