Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal-Kemp

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys, does anyone here use the proherp heat panels? are they any good and are they better than the habistat reptile radiators?

cheers alex

I'll be interested to hear peoples opinions as I'm planning to use one of these in a cabinet conversion.

I love them,so do my snakes,I have a few different sizes and the customer service is exceptional.I use them with Habistat pulse proportional thermostats and they work together great.

Deadpan, I'm interested to know why you picked the Proherp over the Habistat... I want to gather as much info before I make a choice. :)

Proherp heat better don't get as hot to touch and don't leave bad porcelain smells

Cheers Brenton

Proherp heat better don't get as hot to touch and don't leave bad porcelain smells

Cheers Brenton

Brenton, the cabinet I'm converting has a distance of approx 400mm from the top to the basking shelf. Which Proherp radiator do you suggest would give me a good result. It's for my 2m Bredli.

Sorry Coastal-Kemp..... I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Deadpan, I'm interested to know why you picked the Proherp over the Habistat... I want to gather as much info before I make a choice. :)
Proherp come in different sizes due to different watts,this helps fit many types of enclosures.I have never used Habistat panels,but after looking at the differences,I decided to go Proherp and so far never had to regret my choice.I do buy from HerpShop aswell so its not any bias.

Proherp come in different sizes due to different watts,this helps fit many types of enclosures.I have never used Habistat panels,but after looking at the differences,I decided to go Proherp and so far never had to regret my choice.I do buy from HerpShop aswell so its not any bias.

Thanks for the info. I was swinging towards the Proherp but felt a loyalty pull to Herpshop. I guess it boils down to whats best for my pythons.

Contact James or Arthur and they will recommend sizes and any info you need,great customer service..

I'll do that. Thanks muchly for the help. I might actually get this cabinet refit finished the way I want afterall. :D

Contact James or Arthur and they will recommend sizes and any info you need,great customer service..

Agreed there the best to ask they are very helpful.

Cheers Brenton

I'm also looking to buy one for a cabinet conversion. i was leaning towards an 80W panel then work out heights for basking shelves

My shelves are part of the cabinet already and to move them would probably ruin it. So I'm going to call the guys at Proherp and get their advise.

If I get this cabinet for my Bredli done right I have another cabinet to reft for my Stimson. Then I just need to find the same kind of cabinet but bigger for my BHP.

Deadpan and Erebos..... I followed your advise and got in touch with James and he was very helpful. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Last edited:
I have them and they are brilliant when combined with a habistat pulse stat. Mine are the 40w panels and i have no trouble getting 32 degrees 400mm from the underside of the panel. Can't reccomend them highly enough.

I have them and they are brilliant when combined with a habistat pulse stat. Mine are the 40w panels and i have no trouble getting 32 degrees 400mm from the underside of the panel. Can't reccomend them highly enough.

Dan, the guy from Proherp recommended I get an 80W panel. I'm wondering if a 40W would be sufficient for what I want? Bugger... now I'm unsure again.

Better go bigger and and being able to do the job rather then to small and wasting your money.

Cheers Brenton

LMAO... see how quickly I go from confused to decided to unsure again. :facepalm:

Erebus and Red-Ink, thanks for the insight. My natural instinct to err on the side of caution would have seen me going with the 80W anyway..... I just deliberate a lot over my decisions and gather as much info as possible. I'm glad I was able to use the knowledge of other people to help my process. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back