Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My enclosures are only small, 1000Lx 600Dx 550H mm so the 40w panels do fine, if i were going much bigger in the enclosure size i would go for the 80w panel, it's better to have a little bit of redundency in such an important piece of equipment IMO. Its so good not to have a enclosure full of bulbs and light cages, even running flat out without a stat i can still quite comfortably put my hand on the panel. Another advantage of them is that they can heat both side of a shelf, mine are mounted under a 18mm melamine shelf and the top side of this gets to around 35-36 degrees, the snakes seem to enjoy short periods of time basking on the hot surface.

Last edited:
Dan, what you described about the snakes being able to utilise 2 heat areas created by the radiant panel is exactly what I discussed with the Proherp guys. It's definitely the way I'm going to proceed. :D. I can't wait to get this enclosure up and running.

We have a proherp panel in our stimsons tank and it works great. Have never used the other brand but decided on this Proherp because it does not need to have a cage over it as it doesnt get hot enough to burn the reptiles. The guys at Proherp, as has already been stated, are great to deal with!!!

I'm curious as to what temps people using these panels are getting on the floor of their enclosures directly under the heat panel.

I'm curious as to what temps people using these panels are getting on the floor of their enclosures directly under the heat panel.

James at Proherp indicated to me that with an 80W panel I could expect to get temps of 30 - 35degC at approx 40cm under the panel (probably badly worded but you get what I mean?).

For me that means I will need to put a basking shelf at that level under the panel but that was part of my plan anyway.

PS: I find myself mesmerised by that fly avatar of yours every time :rolleyes:

As stated above, i have no trouble getting 30-32 degrees 400mm below the bottom of a 40w panel with the pulse stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back