Jags

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I breed both Ben 2 albinos together beed 100% albinos, 2 jags together breed 50% jags, you should figure out who you are making fun of mate before you run your keyboard mate otherwise you make yourself appear stupid. ;)

cheers
Scott
I think he was just saying that with albinos you need both parents to be albino to get a full clutch of them but all you need is a single male jag and a bunch of normal females and you gets lots of little jags.

That is true Saximus it was the attitude. Breed a single albino to any carpet and you get all hets as well were he is wrong is it is just as easy to breed up a heap of albinos as it is to breed up a heap of jags and that was the angle of his shot at my post. Huge fail on his behalf grade 2 mathematics.

cheers
Scott

You have been absent for too long Scott.
It is dog eat dog these days, aparently.

Cheers
Ian

True or not, I don't know. Somebody (I won't name him) spent a night at his mate's place. They had a look at his mate's impressive collection of jags, they all looked normal and happy. The blokes had a few beers and hit the sack. Soon after the lights went out, they could hear this banging coming from the snake room. His mate said "don't worry, they're my jags, they have just woken up and going around their enclosures."

You only need one male jag and can put it over almost all types of carpets and approx half will be jag,

How is that harder then getting an albino line started.

Because you still need quality animals to produce good jags. I've seen some REALLY average looking jags advertised, so yes while you can chuck a jag over any random female it doesn't mean they gonna turn out good. Albinos will well turn out albino colours regardless lol.

True or not, I don't know. Somebody (I won't name him) spent a night at his mate's place. They had a look at his mate's impressive collection of jags, they all looked normal and happy. The blokes had a few beers and hit the sack. Soon after the lights went out, they could hear this banging coming from the snake room. His mate said "don't worry, they're my jags, they have just woken up and going around their enclosures."

You are a funny man Micheal,LOL.

Cheers
Ian

Shouldn't that be 'around and around and around'.

Lol gladly none of mine do that, my one wobbly head belongs to a very nice pure jungle I have, Did they wake you and Paula up Ian at all. It would be more the glow from their bright colors that would make it hard to sleep here Michael. ;)

Neuro issues are a part of the morph. All Jags are capable of developing symptoms as Longqi said, but a very large percentage of them never show neuro symptoms except under stress. And of those that do only a very small percentage get to a stage were they lose coordination or start cartwheeling I think the popular term is.

cheers
Scott

That is true Saximus it was the attitude. Breed a single albino to any carpet and you get all hets as well were he is wrong is it is just as easy to breed up a heap of albinos as it is to breed up a heap of jags and that was the angle of his shot at my post. Huge fail on his behalf grade 2 mathematics.

cheers
Scott

Nothing wrong with his maths, it is much easier to pump out a co-dom trait then a recessive one. Anyone can buy a jag male and put it over 6 cheap carpets, to produce the same amount of albinos you would need 4 generally expensive albinos.

Are the jag males that promiscuous? Gee, some of could learn a trick or two ..... but cheep carpets? Nah!

Are the jag males that promiscuous? Gee, some of could learn a trick or two ..... but cheep carpets? Nah!

Cheep?

Stone the crows are they crossing them with chickens now? ;):lol:

Nothing wrong with his maths, it is much easier to pump out a co-dom trait then a recessive one. Anyone can buy a jag male and put it over 6 cheap carpets, to produce the same amount of albinos you would need 4 generally expensive albinos.

You are talking about how cheap it is to pump out a heap of Jaguars mate I was talking about clutch ratios. (another fail) :lol: lol. Good luck selling your jaguars if you use 6 cheap females lol.

cheers
Scott

You are talking about how cheap it is to pump out a heap of Jaguars mate I was talking about clutch ratios. (another fail) :lol: lol. Good luck selling your jaguars if you use 6 cheap females lol.

cheers
Scott

Yes you are correct with ratios, but I don't agree with the notion that the price will stabilise due to only being able to produce a 50:50 ratio.

Anyway on a side note do you find the quality of the parent Jag or the non-Jag carpet to be more important in producing attractive Jags? (serious question)

Anyway on a side note do you find the quality of the parent Jag or the non-Jag carpet to be more important in producing attractive Jags? (serious question)

Thats an interesting question. Answer is in the sibs. Putting a quality Jag with a quality normal will produce quality jags.

well seeing how folk are divided on the jags,the market is 50 percent smaller with them as aposed to a darwin albino,smaller market means faster flooding of market,add to that ugly jags and markets smaller again,hence why prices drop fast,demand drops

if jags produced full jag litters and all were pretty,the market would have died a while ago,especially with a smaller market to begin with

I breed both Ben 2 albinos together beed 100% albinos, 2 jags together breed 50% jags, you should figure out who you are making fun of mate before you run your keyboard mate otherwise you make yourself appear stupid. ;)

cheers

Scott

Speaking of making someone look stupid, I didn't know you could breed a jag x jag. Awesome, I gotta try that!

Cheers,

Dan

cheers
Scott

Shouldn't jag x jag be 50% sibs, 50% dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back