Cost effective ways to get an enclosure??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan92

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to find the cheapest way I can to get an enclosure for my Bredli! He's still in his click clack but he seems happy with it, so what's the most cost effective way you guys have of making a 900x450x450 enclosure for my Bredli?

maybe try making one... youtube is normally good for that kind of stuff

ok well then if you where making one out of melamine and you wanted the above dimensions to be the internal dimensions you would need the below peices
1 Back @ 932x450
2 T & B @ 900x450
2 sides @ 450x450
you would just need to decide whether you are going to have glass sides or a door.

Get a sheet of malamite ull get that size out of one sheet cost bout 120 then buy glass rails from bunnings 15 bucks and glass prob 50 bucks from glasier all done for under 200

others have used concrete mixing tubs with a perspex front that would be the cheapest option i guess but doesnt look so pretty

Wiring is cheap if u know wat ur doin! But if inexperienced then wouldnt bother tryin.

Yeah I don't know what I'm doing haha. Umm how long could I keep my Bredli in a click clack, it's about 30x30x30 and he seems happy in there?

Do the rounds of vinnies, op shops, lifeline shops etc and see if you can find a china cupboard or display case with sliding doors. Put a decent ply back on it instead of the masonite and bobs your uncle :lol:

Usually you can pick up all sorts of cabinets from op shops.... even some tv cabinets with swinging doors can work ;)

In my opinion i would say he is ready for an upgrade purely based on the fact i feel they should at least be able to have a length half as long as them majority of my animals that are that big are in larger click clacks roughly 900x500x450 is there anyreason you could not just make a bigger click clack if you are wanting to make it on the cheap.

The cheapest most economical and easy to sterilize enclosure that can be used for a multitude of animals and situations is The plastic storage tubs You use to store clothes etc in. You can buy them in all shapes and sizes up to the 120L tubs and prices vary from $5 to $35 depending on where you buy them. I use them for my mice, rats, guineapigs and have seen other people use them for temp lizard homes and snake click clacks! For added security, a couple of pieces of pine cut to fit and fly wire or mouse wire screwed to the top makes a super snug lid. If there is an illness or messy birth No drama's clean up! Fantastic tubs, and they can be made to stack upon themselves and some cross pieces of wood on the lids give ventilation room. You can also buy in bulk for cheaper! Many people use a solder iron to burn holes in the sides for ventilation too if your going to use the lid on top (I'd also use clamps on the lids to ensure slithering friends can't escape too)

Go to a kitchen/joinery shop give them a size and ask to be quoted or ask them if they have any old cupboards with no doors / hinges explain y u want it they usually let older ones go cheeper then u can fit with glass sliding if they have the shelf holes ask how much it would cost to get two 50mm strips from top to bottom of white melimine eddged 2 long and screwed on the shelf holes so moisture dont get in and make the board swell :/ any way worked for me cost me $180 for a 1800x600x600 and $200 for 3/ 600x600x600 melimine boxes $160 for glass for all 4 tanks and wired them myself already had the stuff and 2 length at 2400mm PVC glass runners for $50 $25 each length from bunnings kept going back there for new tanks and all there old cupboards than one day they must have got sick of me asking for there old cupboards and they offered me an apprenticeship XD get all the old cupboards they don't want it's awesome haha

Op shops are good to
As for tubs Big w, reject shop any shops like that and just heat with heat Matt/cord connected up to a Thermostat that's what I done with mine with holes
melted in the side with a soldering iron

try gumtree too, or any internet classifieds, i found mine on there and i will be just adding glass sliding doors and wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back