Who has the right to name the place Buyer/Seller.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who has the right to name the meeting place to do a transaction.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your both right but nsw need all licence detas including adress so that would be silly not to wantthem to know where the animals are kept only to find out when you did the transaction

Suburb or close by suburb is good enough for NSW NPWS. When they put the name and license number into the computer they can see whats going on anyway and whether its a forged license,unfinancial etc.
By forged i mean people get the paper licenses and white out dates etc scan them and print them out again, ime living in Mt Druitt you know LOL

Last edited:
in vic its name and address , and in my case i let the seller decide the place to meet . if i want his reptile/s or what ever then - he gets to choose where . i will happily do a 500+klm round trip for an animal I want .

i recently had someone interested in one of my blueys,they emailed asking if id be happy to meet at this town,i said yeah shouldnt be an issue,its not that far from me,then they emailed back,no sorry,i dont drive,can u meet me in the city

i said its a bit out of my way,and asked where they are from,but never heard back

i guess theres no harm in asking,lol,but thats alot of stuffing around for 1 bluey
i dont think i could ask a seller to meet somewhere,my way of thinking is if u want it,u go on there terms,if its something sort after,stuffin the seller around with that usually means u miss out over someone willing to go on the sellers terms

you would have to wonder if they were still interested in wanting you to go out of your way if they would be happy to pay a delivery fee,lol

Who gives a rats **** who meets who where so long as you are both happy & have the apropriate licence & paperwork.

If not happy & don't want to meet there then don't & don't buy. Life is pretty simple just people want to complicate it.

Sorry I just can't help myself.

Cheers
Ian

All of my python purchases have required a 6hr round trip for me. I was willing to travel for what I wanted and never considered that the seller should 'meet me halfway'. That being said, Sharna (Den Pythons) offered to come some of the distance for me and I appreciated the offer, but I was more than happy to go wherever I needed to.

I think your both right but nsw need all licence detas including adress so that would be silly not to wantthem to know where the animals are kept only to find out when you did the transaction

This is not true, I have never once given someone my address for their license books and I advise all buyers/sellers to do the same as per the direction of DECCW staff.
All that is required is suburb ,postcode, full name and AKL

True, of course they know where you live, but they dont have any idea what you have other than the one for sale. I know a few locals who dont like people coming to thier home and meet out. One does it for the above reason and also, he doesnt want to risk people he doesnt know bringing any parasites etc to his home.

True, of course they know where you live, but they dont have any idea what you have other than the one for sale. I know a few locals who dont like people coming to thier home and meet out. One does it for the above reason and also, he doesnt want to risk people he doesnt know bringing any parasites etc to his home.

Did you read my above post, it is not a requirement in NSW to give out your address

I've had 5 people in the last week living in far flung regional area's wanting to buy snakes. When I tell them they will have to be freighted and that costs extra all of a sudden they get an attack of the panics and pull out. In the mean time I've taken photo's etc etc made enquiries on freighting and prices and doing what I can to keep the price to a minimum even offering discounts to counter the freight costs. What are these people thinking, that they have a breeder of the species they want just around the corner, lol if you live west of the divide people if you don't want to drive you may have to freight. Rant over, the last of my hair is disappearing quickly!

Whichever one I am. I'm not having any of you weirdos anywhere near my place.

Now i heard some interesting comments on this topic, but because of todays criminal element it is always safer to meet buyers away from your home, and somewhere public, i had the police come up to me at the nerang skate park i was meeting a buyer, someone thought it was a drug deal, but all ended well, but the bottom line is today its not worth the risk of opening your house to strangers, i dont mean to offend the honest people out their but safety before sale is a good option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back