Jags

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im suprised this thread is still going haha i started it last night wondering wondering what price the average jag price would settle at. seems there is no answer but i've enjoyed all the replies so far

Some of the statements made on here and by people who I would call "respected" are so far off the mark and based completely on bias un-informed here-say.......Some are just genuine people wanting to clear up their queries, only to be met with sarcasm.......

Anyway, here are some pics to add to the mix, some of our best and some of our worst. Best sell for $1100, worst sell for $500. That explains the price drop quite clearly.......The first pic looks quite good, but another 6 months on and the colour contrast has faded, hence the price drop along with second pic.

The next 2 are what we call top line, show me a pure that comes close to these. Can post more if you like......

Attachments

• 11Y7503 female.jpg
    11Y7503 female.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 84
  • PB080010.jpg
    PB080010.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 11B01 female-1.jpg
    11B01 female-1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 86
  • P1081753 [].jpg
    P1081753 [].jpg
    117 KB · Views: 92
Well said Ben.
Heres a few more jag pics..
cheers
Roger

00candyjagmaleresized52.jpg

009resizedmalejag.jpg

018carajagmaleRESIZED.jpg

058resizedjpg.jpg

016RESIZEDlemonstripeyjagmale.jpg

0075RESIZEDjunglejagfemale4.jpg

The jag carries the gene if you use average looking females with a cracker male jag you will get a couple of crackers and a lot of average looking animals. If you use an average looking jag with cracker females you get a better result. Use a cracker jag with a cracker female won't get average looking animals. The Jag gene will enhance the color and to a make a reduction in pattern, hence the heavier patterning in Bredls jags using a reduced pattern female will enhance the pattern in general.

cheers
Scott

Speaking of making someone look stupid, I didn't know you could breed a jag x jag. Awesome, I gotta try that!

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan you can actually the result will be 25% dead Leucistcs 50% Jag 25% normal.

cheers
Scott

Sorry guys,
I had that last post half typed and had to stop a mate had come around to buy some hatchies, I finished typing the post before checking the thread, my bad. :oops:

cheers
Scott

Last edited:
You are defiantly not the smartest tool in the shed are you,

It is a hell of a lot easier to buy one male jag and breed it over all of your female pythons then to have to grow up two albinos.

I breed both Ben 2 albinos together beed 100% albinos, 2 jags together breed 50% jags, you should figure out who you are making fun of mate before you run your keyboard mate otherwise you make yourself appear stupid. ;)

cheers
Scott

I am surprised to find that I am still surprised at the stupidity of people on this site.

plenty of pures look just as nice as those id even say surpass those in looks,it depends what u like looks wise,not sure how u can say that jags are so much better looking,that pures cant compete,thats a pretty big call

Hi metalboy albino to albino produces 100% albinos.
Albino to het albino produces 50% albino and 50% hets
het to het produces 25% albino 50% hets and 25% normal
albino to normal produces 100% hets
het to normal produces 50% hets and 50% normals.

hope that helps mate.

cheers
Scott

Hi richard, not having a go mate, but seriously, show me a pic of better.........

Sure its all in the eye of the beholder. But put aside all hybrid/neuro dribble, and just look at the sheer patterns and colours. The proof is in the pics, so to speak......

Here are a few more quality JAGS........I can post more

plenty of pures look just as nice as those id even say surpass those in looks,it depends what u like looks wise,not sure how u can say that jags are so much better looking,that pures cant compete,thats a pretty big call

Attachments

• 11G7501 female.jpg
    11G7501 female.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 48
  • W204 male.jpg
    W204 male.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 48
  • caramel1nr.jpg
    caramel1nr.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 41
WOW .. that first girl is sensational, if I were to buy a Jag she would be mine :)
Cheers
Sandee :)

Nuro will always be connected with Jags, there will be good jags and bad jags , some people will love them some people will hate them. I Like Jags , with or without Nuro. Agree to disagree already people!
Personally I like the Idea of producing pure "lines" without the Jag Gene , but that's just me.
I will be getting some more Jags as well , just because I like the way quite a few look.

. show me a pure that comes close to these.

Ok....These are all pure Jungles I have bred ( the blue still has to be proven to consider it a "line" the others are Rodgers Tiger line...how many Generations do I have to breed them before they are my "Line" ? lol )

1832da66.jpg

270948_120097971411722_100002345580570_192079_7064771_n.jpg

259993_119036114851241_100002345580570_185114_1160128_n.jpg

1f0635c0.jpg

6fb74695.jpg

5415b37d.jpg

a3408efb.jpg

d854c532.jpg

There are some pure snakes out there that look alot better than Jags , shame I don't own them... Yet

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of a pool full of paranha, being slightly masochistic I guess I'll have to jump right in (there is no smiley for woohoo). I think a lot of breeders would like to be able to selectively breed the same look as some of the higher end Jags (way past what RP non jags are already available), but there will be a lot of sibs left behind through the generations of breeding that it would take. The problems would therfore increase substantialy firstly it has been mentioned about cost, what price do you put on something like that and who is going to pay? Secondly a lot (not all) of morph enthusiasts are reasonably ethical (wonder what response that will get) and that means as mentioned a lot of sibs left behind through the process that will need to be taken care of. . .I for one do not neck anything that is healthy. . . and that then means more time needed and expensive mouths to feed.
I have a theory about the genetics of Jags and possible anomalies that exist in wild populations that might only be 1% different in design to captive Jags (flame throwers on). I will not elaborate yet as I am still in discussion and subsequent studies will need to be done, but I am sure there is already a number of people that have already come to the same conclusion. Furoms and websites are not an indicator of what is going on as a lot of people producing some wicked looking critters are way behind the scene with no interest in the public arena. So there are prob more morphs in Oz collections (not just jetsetting ones) than any of us are aware of.
All the debate and opinionated posturing is pointless when more serious concerns about the ethical treatment such as housing, stimuli (no clickclacks for a 1 year old python is not stimuli) and fair treatment is a real problem. I understand the concerns regarding nuero issues and they are very relevant and I think we do need to address this with honesty if we are ever going to overcome it. The prob with OZ culture is we tend to be cynical and reactionary this is obvious on these forums, maybe if both sides of the fence could think outside of the box more could be acheived. Especially in the morph department as I think that self confessed experts are so stuck up there own worm hole that they can only go with the established known and not the potential for the possible (this is not directed at anyone particular but the industry as a whole). Encourage correct and well thought out breeding (instead of flooding the market - like what happened with jungles) and we could end up being leaders instead of followers, with pure breeds and morphs accepted without fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back