please help : hibernation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tremor

Reaction score
hi guys
looking for some advice
snake 1 : bredli : 5yo : i have my bredli at 30 degrees day and night at the moment and wondering when is it due to go into hibernation and can it hibernate at a constant temp that doesnt vary night and day
snake 2 : diamond : 3yo : i have my diamond at 26 degrees day and night at the moment and wondering when is it due to go into hibernation and can it hibernate at a constant temp that doesnt vary night and day
snake 3 : darwin albino : 6 mths : this guy is in a tank in the kitchen just with a heat mat and natural light , should this guy hibernate also?

thanks alot :)

Last edited:
Hi tremor, snakes do not hibernate, they brumate. From what I know the difference being is that in hibernation, they switch everything off but in brumation they only slow everything down.

From what I see you have three different types of snakes so you are not planning to breed them, since you are not breeding your snakes don't really need to cool them. This is an exception for your diamond though they need the hibernation but since I don't own one I'm not too sure on the exact requirements so my advice would be to search the site for diamond brumation techniques. There are plenty out there.

Hope this helps ;) and remember I'm not a pro so don't take my answer as a definite!

As said before there is no need to cool your animals if your not going to breed them.
If I was you I would bump up the Bredli's temp to 35 and with both the Bredli and diamond I would put a timer on the heat and not heat them at night they don't need 24hr heat when they get over a year or so.
I give all my adults 12hrs of heat in winter and 14hrs in summer, Hatchies are 24hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back