i think my angle headed dragon is pregnant

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

galeru

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi, does anybody know how to tell if a southern angle headed dragon is pregnant or know who can.

P1020737.jpg
P1020738.jpg

Last edited:
I'm no expert but I reckon she's gravid (preggers). Behaviour wise, has she changed at all?

she has been eating a lot but has slowed down in the past day or two and i think she has been digging

Feel her stomach you will feel her eggs! If you come home and she looks deflated be sure to dig for eggs

Cheers Brenton

she hasn't layed and i am a bit worried about her being egg bound or having some sort of problem.
can someone please help me out
cheers

Have you provided suitable sub strait for her to lay in?

Cheers Brenton

I don't know I am new to all this stuff.
What sort of sub strait is suitable?

Dont panic, just keep everything the same. Do not move anything in the enclosure. Use coco peat as substrate, a good 100-150mm deep. She will lay when ready, try not to handle or stress her. Leave her diggings. You will be able to feel the eggs inside her and see the slight buldges in her belly when she is near laying.

Make sure to set up an incubator before the eggs arrive. Your Dragon is BEAUTIFUL

Make sure to set up an incubator before the eggs arrive. Your Dragon is BEAUTIFUL

Don't incubate them put them in a stable environment in your house!

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back