Is this ok for a hide box

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonboy69

Reaction score
Hey I was thinking if anybody thinks that the pull out breeding box that you find in the budgie breeding cabinets could work as I hide in an enclosure. You would have to do a bit of modifications. Or even incorporate that into your next enclosures. I was thinking one on each side ie: cold end/hot end for the snakes that like heights such as Jungles or GTP. You could put a lock on them so nobody can open it. Do you think it is a good idea. Whats your ideas I'm not a handy man if I was I'd do it myself.

I use bird breeding boxes for hides. I have little finch size ones for my little snakes and large parrot size ones for the biggens. The snakes use them so I guess they like them.

I've got a couple of different sized bird breeding boxes for different snakes - and they all use them.

I'm thinking more along the line of the sliding ones. The one that goes into the Budgie Breeding Box Design. If someone understands and maybe put a pic up as I can't do it.

I really like that idea actually, I might steal it from you. Might want to make sure the wooden edges aren't too sharp/thin for the snake so yeah a few mods. :)

Something like this u mean?

31Re-byp0IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Something like this u mean?

31Re-byp0IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
yes same thing but you could either have a roof if its in the bottom of the enclosure. You could have a roof or no roof if roof if you want it up the top of the enclosure. So you just slides into the enclosure like a sliding drawer. So you can slide it open or close. If you want to get snake out slide the draw out.

I've used them before. I ended up throwing them out when they got pooped on. Worked well though other than not being poop resistant. I use plastic hides now and try and elevate them for my carpets.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back