miniture shingleback

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

backyardhabitat

Not so new Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anybody has ever had a tiny shingleback born, it is only 8cm long
perfectly formed eating well and has an attitude

was it the only baby born, sometimes the second baby will be quite large. though that is a very small shingle back. have you got any photos?

somesmaller types canhavequite smallbabies,but 8 cm is tiny,was it justborn,big litters,upto 4 can see babies smaller than average being born,if its the only one could be more onthe way,or perhaps was the only baby with a few slugs born,would love to see a pic if possable

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics PLEASE. They are my fave lizard

soooooooo need to see this pics please.

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

Last edited:
Quite smaller then the usual bubs! Photos when your ready!

Shinglebacks are the shiz!! I agree with that lot above, PICS!!! :D

my next baby will be a shingleback... I just need to find one for sale LOL

8cm is small! There could be a couple of reasons behind it, one is its is a first time mum, but the most likely reason is the female did not have enough condition to reproduce a normal size juvie.
We have been keeping shinglebacks in a pit for over 30 years and in all that time have never bred one that small, One of the tricks behind breeding them consistantly is to feed EVERY day during the late spring summer period.
Most of our bubs are born at 15 to 18cm in length and have had some at 21cm.
Like most reptiles if the understanding of the critters needs is there and met the rest will happen!

Last edited:
depends on the forms,some localities are quite small as adults,i have some dark asperas,adult size is small compared to the average aspera,the babies from this form are quite small,i never measured them but smaller than 15 cm,probably more 10 to 12 cm tops

id hazzard to guess the adults are one of the smaller growing forms of rugosa aspera

Last edited:
depends on the forms,some localities are quite small as adults,i have some dark asperas,adult size is small compared to the average aspera,the babies from this form are quite small,i never measured them but smaller than 15 cm,probably more 10 to 12 cm tops

id hazzard to guess the adults are one of the smaller growing forms of rugosa aspera

+1 but even this case it is still a fairly small bub.

084.jpgthese are not from the same mother, just for comparison, normal sized and mini 1 day old each

posted pic

posted

whats a troll?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back