Reptile 3d rock background

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

razeunit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently in the process of building two good size enclosures around 8 ft wide by around 3ft high. I want to make it look the goods and was wondering if there is anyone around that will cut one do one to size for my enclosure when it is ready. Something similar to this http://www.petclassifieds.us/user_images/4528539.jpg. Or alternatively can these be cut and joined and still look good? If someone has a supplier that isnt a sponsor can you please PM me the deets. Thanks guys!

Regards,
Matt.

On you tube there is alot of people that show step by step guide how to build backgrounds. not to hard just messy
There is a lady becky something, you should see the details see does have a look amazing

Ok thanks for the response rocket! My first preference is still to buy something but if I cant I'll look into that . If anyone else has used a background similar to that in my original post for a custom enclosure I would love to know where to buy from.

Universal Rocks make a 6x2x2 product "The Olgas" that has a few ledges that may suit? The company's moved OS, but some garden centres and "Amazing Amazon" in Melbourne may stock them??

Very hardy and waterproof (hold their own against Lace monitor claws). Here's an example of one unit and another cut in half for the ends.

Hope this is useful.

Attachments

• 21-10-2010 12;30;35 PM.jpg
    21-10-2010 12;30;35 PM.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 247
I would suggest checking out the threads on here for making your own, they are expensive and being a 8 foot X 3 Foot area of display could cost you hundreds.

I will be giving it a go when I have the time.

Main things people suggest need is
expander foam (can from bunnings)
acylic paint,
styrofoam
and patients...also a few other ingredients needed :p but you get the drift!

There are some super decent threads
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/diy-zone-5392/fake-rock-diy-thread-wall-185055/ (this one isn't detailed but there are plenty of others)

and many more!

Great once its all done which is only a week or two away ill send a message and get a quote. Thanks.

picked up 50x45 for $18 each 20% off the already discounted $20 from pet crazy at Robina on the weekend - that's cheaper than making it... they can go as expensive as $40 etc. I think you can get them on the trading post on-line too.. but the 20% off was just for this weekend only... $20 is basically half price anyway... hope this helps..
They had several designs but and colours - here in the side by side you can see a little of gorgeous' set up as well..

Attachments

• Sniper 0512.jpg
    Sniper 0512.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Sniper new setup 052012.jpg
    Sniper new setup 052012.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 131
  • The girls side by side.jpg
    The girls side by side.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Status