Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this amazing animal in the flesh. Congrats again mate.

Man I want that beauty imagine if it was paired with an awesome mite phase, the blue with the blacks specs would just b orgasmic, love you stuff mate

Man I want that beauty imagine if it was paired with an awesome mite phase, the blue with the blacks specs would just b orgasmic, love you stuff mate

Mate, hormonal blue is not a genetic trait - it's a result of hormonal changes associated with reproduction (only expressed in females) and it can not be passed onto progeny. Show me a blue adult male like that ..... and name your price. :D

It's a gorgeous GTP, a beautiful display animal.

Mate, hormonal blue is not a genetic trait - it's a result of hormonal changes associated with reproduction (only expressed in females) and it can not be passed onto progeny. Show me a blue adult male like that ..... and name your price. :D

It's a gorgeous GTP, a beautiful display animal.

Yeh I know that but if that female hasn't been bred yet then wouldn't that make it a blue? Yeh show me a male and I'll b fighting with you for it hahaha, I love blues.

No mate she acually changed that colour before she came in contact with a male

He said it changed that colour before she came in contact with a male, wouldn't that make her a blue Michael?

Hormonal changes are not necessarily connected with actual mating, they are more related to sexual maturity. Woman start menstruating before sex too.
We know so little about colour changes in GTPs - what if it's a sign of readiness to mate? We see that in many other animals, sometimes it's demonstarted behaviouraly, sometimes by change in coloration in certain parts of the body or the whole body.

Hopefully ..... a new mom.

i-LWT98k5-L.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice michael, i love how the dorsal strip has a mixed color of yellow and white.

Some 7 month old juvies!

Attachments

• IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 92
This is GTP display at the Brisbane Museum, hmmm, could be done better.

i-KHtKHV7-M.jpg

and this a new GTP enclosure in preparation at the Barrier Reef Aquarium in Townsville. It's shaping up really nicely.

i-2fk9bpc-M.jpg

Last edited:
I am just learning about Green Tree Pythons so please excuse my question if it is a silly one....
Are these Juveniles mite/peppered phase or is this a phase of their ontogenic colour change?
thank-you in advance :)

These are not from mite phase parents, although all the adults do contain some black scales on them. All of the animals are from new pairings, so I am unsure exactly how they are going to turn out at this stage!

Micheal, is that townsville display made out of cement?

These are not from mite phase parents, although all the adults do contain some black scales on them. All of the animals are from new pairings, so I am unsure exactly how they are going to turn out at this stage!
Thank-you, they are lovely you must be very proud of them :)

Here is one of my adult females showing very good signs, she is starting to look very pale and getting bigger and bigger.

And one of her young from last season

Attachments

• Envy 5-12.jpg
    Envy 5-12.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 138
  • red 5-12.jpg
    red 5-12.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back